New England Group Buy May 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put about 300 lbs through my barley crusher and I am starting to have issues as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I had a similar issue, but I disassembled and thoroughly cleaned the rollers and now my mill works perfectly again. I think the problem was that the rollers got packed with grain dust, which prevented the teeth from grabbing the grain kernels and pulling them through the rollers.

I did that and flipped the roller. Still stalls from time to time. The folks did say they would fix it if I sent the mill to them.

Also for the folks who are owed Chocolate malt I have the replacement grain. So just let me know when you would like to pick it up.

Donovan

I picked up my grain on Sunday, big thanks to Redman and Crazyirishman for organizing everything and executing it so smoothly.

Thanks again!

Hey Donovan. Let me know if this weekend is OK to pick up choc malt. Thanks, e

Hey if anyone is interested i picked up a couple 53 gallon whiskey casks. I am thinking everyone could brew the same recipe and then put the beer in after it is done fermenting.

I'd be willing to offer my garage and driveway if needed, as well. I'm a minute off Route 2 near downtown Concord MA.

Hey Im brewing today if anyone is interested in the electric brewing process you are welcome to stop by PM me
Shawn

I'd be able to receive the order if needed, located in N. Andover close to 495 if that works

I will post a new buy once we find a new delivery spot. The person needs to be able to receive the order and be able to store it for a week or 2.

I talked to Aslander and it looks like he can receive the grain. His house is in Concord so a bit more central to everyone. I am going to post a new buy soon just have a couple of busy weeks ahead.

A lot of these names are familiar from the December graing buy (my first one).

Definitely looking forward to more grain.

I would be down to buy next round as well. +1 for concord since thats where I'm located :D . Who's the other brewer in town?

I would be down to buy next round as well. +1 for concord since thats where I'm located :D . Who's the other brewer in town?

Boxborough here, so ya, Concord definitely works for me too!

I'm brewing beer for Iron Work Farm, they're having an open house on October at Jones' Tavern in Acton - stop by!!

Also I wanted to toss it out there that I have a couple 53 gallon Bourbon casks. I was hoping to get some folks together that wanted to help fill them. I was thinking one could be a Barley Wine and one a Russian Imperial Stout. I plan on doing 20 gallons of each. The plan is to have everyone brew the same beer then once it is fermented and cold crashed to fill the barrel and leave it for 6 months to a year.

Boxborough here, so ya, Concord definitely works for me too!

I'm brewing beer for Iron Work Farm, they're having an open house on October at Jones' Tavern in Acton - stop by!!

Awesome! I will try and check it out!

Also I wanted to toss it out there that I have a couple 53 gallon Bourbon casks. I was hoping to get some folks together that wanted to help fill them. I was thinking one could be a Barley Wine and one a Russian Imperial Stout. I plan on doing 20 gallons of each. The plan is to have everyone brew the same beer then once it is fermented and cold crashed to fill the barrel and leave it for 6 months to a year.

I have some interest in this. Would we bring our beer to the pickup?

I was thinking that folks could bring the beer to my house. We could set up a day to fill the casks. I was thinking that the Barley Wine would be a pretty simple one based on Jamil's recipe. I have a really good RIS recipe that I was hoping to use.

Concord.. Like New Hampshire? Thats a haul from southern RI.

Ok cool. Im in..
I've Got about 40# of 2 row left.
Lets do it before winter.

Back