New Brewer in Baltimore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TowsonTiger22

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hiya folks!

Like a lot of folks, I've spent bits of time on and off considering and researching home brewing. For whatever reason I just never got started.

A few years ago, I began reloading my own ammunition. This led to me having a "make it myself" attitude towards things, resulting in making a lot of meals from scratch, and led me back toward beer.

I started talking to my room mate, and we started pricing things, and looking through websites. A friend of ours found out, and hooked us up with her dad, who sold use his gear for a great price.

Two weeks ago, we headed up to a home brew supply, and got a Dunkelweisen and American Cream ale kit. Went home that night and got the Dunkelweisen on the way. As of right now, I just moved it to the carboy, and hope to bottle within the week.

We're considering kegging in the future, but for now we're trying to nail down the basics.

Welcome fellow Baltimoron and gun lover!

We have a decently active local group that mostly meets at my place in Joppa.

We are brewing again on Jan 16th, keep an eye on the gatherings forum for details. You're more than welcome to come brew, or just watch and hang out.

And welcome to HBT!

Welcome to home brewing

I am also is a member of a club that meets at Mchaffeys pub in canton every second Tuesday of the month. Cross Street Irregulars Homebrew Club
http://www.csibc.net/
We all bring samples of our own Homebrew for everybody try, Judge and give good advice on
You would be more than welcome to join us.

Again welcome to home brewing
It only gets better

Chewie

Welcome to HBT, Towson! Homebrewing claims another victim. Don't worry, when you taste that first homebrew, you'll wonder why it took so long to get started.

What lhbs did you use?

Yeah. Tom's a real nice guy, and seems to be very knowledgable. His store is about 15 minutes from my house.

Merry Christmas!

He does rock! Me and my roomate went in for the first time a couple weeks ago. What I really appreciate is that he didn't talk down to us, and didn't try to sell us something we didn't need. I was there yesterday for some stuff to try making cider. I'll probably hit up the next noob night.

I just got home from Thirsty Brewer. He was supposed to close at 4, I walked in at 3:45, didn't walk out until 4:45. Tom was very friendly, and answered all my questions, plus offered good advice. Props to Tom!

Back