New brewer from Canada, Quebec city

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForReal

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I decided home brewing 3 months ago. Being home all the time makes you start new hobby.

I google a bit and heard about John Palmer and his How to Brew book pdf online - I just order a hard copy- and that was it!

I started by building a kegator with 2 taps as I figured that I would need a vessel to dispense beer first 😄

It went on until this very weekend which I tasted my first brew. As a good student ... I did the first recipe suggested in H to B, a Cincinnati pale ale—taste good, nice color, but needs more time to carbonnate, 7 days at 12 psi at 4.5 degrees celcius seems to be not enough!

All in all, great hobby I discovered. You will see me around given this great community on HBT and the amount on info it host!

🍺🍺🍺🍺

Greetings from Montreal and welcome to the madness!

I see you went straight to kegging so you must be pretty serious about it. You should look into fermentation temperature control. Thats the best investment you can make for beer. There's a lot of wiggle room for recipes, as you will very easily produce sugar from the grain, no matter what you do. It's hard to mess up. But it's very easy to get unpleasant taste from your yeast. Keep that yeast happy in their recommended temperature range and you'll make good beer everytime!

My last two kegs I let them sit in the keezers for a day at 12 psi while they cool down, then forced them at 30 psi for 30 hours, then left them at serving pressure 12 psi. They were ready in four days.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back