NEIPA’s - Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer

Reaction score
I live in a place where it’s nearly impossible to find NEIPA’s.

I have a buddy who’s visiting Seattle this week and I’d like to have him bring me a few back.

Can anyone make a suggestion on a good place in Seattle that might have a decent selection of canned NEIPA’s as well as a few of your favorites?

Sorry for the short notice; but, he only has one more day out there so if you have any advice, please offer it up quickly!

Thanks in advance!

I'm guessing it's too late, but you're not really going to find a good NEIPA in Seattle. At least, I wasn't able to find one when I was there last May. Closest thing I found was at PostDoc Brewing in Redmond. Can't remember the name of the beer though.

surely you can buy canned NEIPA in any major city now?

the problem I have (usually when buying a couple of cans for a train journey home) is finding a decent local non-NEIPA/non-black-IPA/non-ultrahopped-IPA beer in a can

I'm not buying a city like Seattle doesn't have entire stores full of beer from around the world - a 2 second google showed Bottleworks, The Beer Junction, Vine Street Market and Chuck's Hop Shop

surely you can buy canned NEIPA in any major city now?

the problem I have (usually when buying a couple of cans for a train journey home) is finding a decent local non-NEIPA/non-black-IPA/non-ultrahopped-IPA beer in a can

I'm not buying a city like Seattle doesn't have entire stores full of beer from around the world - a 2 second google showed Bottleworks, The Beer Junction, Vine Street Market and Chuck's Hop Shop

My assumption was that he was asking about local-to-Seattle breweries that make a NEIPA. Perhaps there are now, but there weren't any last May. And most of the bottle shops tend to carry either small local breweries and/or big national breweries. In Seattle, none of those tend to make NEIPA's.

And frankly, none of the NEIPA copies that I've had in the PNW are anywhere close to the ones I've had in Maine. Most places tend to use the typical PNW/West Coast hop-schedule with a little added haziness.

Latest posts

Back