*needed* Extract Porter Recipe... with shelf life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellaruche

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Porter, Stout, Barley Wine that can take a year of shelving. I need to brew soon and I don't have all grain capabilities, yet. I have until late January to get something bottled. I leave country for a year and want a good homebrew to come home to. Anybody got a good, beginner recipe? Thanks for anything....

Well, considering you can't do all-grain, I'd go with the tried-and-true.

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_452_609&products_id=11544

I've never done that beer, or ordered a beer kit from AHBS, but I do know they care about good customer support. Just follow their instructions *exactly*. Also, you can browse around their kits, they have a lot of options.

Easy and fast means it won't be cheap, but since that beer is on sale maybe it can be cheaper than it otherwise would have been. ;)

Thanks, Justibone! Ironically, I am from Austin and lived less than ten minutes away. Didn't brew at the time. Now I live 4000 miles away

Sweet... thank you, Justibone! $7.99 flat rate shipping is good deal, too. Especially being 4000 miles from my hometown... Austin.

Lots of people have used their kits, so if you have questions go ahead and post in the forum with your question, or just call Austin HBS. They really do care about good business practice.

Of course at ~$8 shipping you don't want to just order one packet of yeast at a time... just combine your orders to save on shipping, or find a LHBS for future brewing.

Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back