Need some quick advice on a hazy NEIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arborman

Reaction score
Brewed a hazy IPA recipe I copied from Nothern, Fruit Bazooka. The only hop additions on brew day were all whirlpool hops, but was an 8ounce add. I was able to keep a good amount out because they formed a cone in the center of my kettle on whirlpool

I then dry hopped on day 3 and 5 in my conical, for a total of 8 more ounces of hops They have been in the conical now for 2 weeks. Their instructions say to secondary, which I do not want to do.. other option is to leave in primary for another two weeks. Ive been on a 4 year brewing pause, so I am re learning... I’m concerned of grassy flavors letting the beer sit in the hops for another 2 weeks. There is so much hops floating around... Ive thought about cold crash to drop the hops out and then put into kegs and let sit for a few more weeks before I carb up. Brew day went perfect, so just want to wrap this up properly. Suggestions? Ive included the recipe sheet.. I doubled this to a 10g batch

Attachments

• AG-FruitBazooka-1527604166497.pdf
    125.5 KB · Views: 9
Cold crash now...your hops have given up their goodness more than a week ago. Then carb and enjoy right away. Nobody uses a secondary anymore (unless on fruit). You can rack with or without dumping trub and yeast (assuming you haven't done that already).

And avoid O2 as best you can, avoid suck back by cold crashing under pressure, and then close transfer to starsan purged kegs. And welcome back...nothing like jumping back in with a NEIPA :)

That recipe timeline is crazy long. I have my neipas in kegs by 12 days post-pitch:

T+2 days: "bio hops"
T+6 days: dry hops
T+10 days: start cold crash under CO2
T+12 days: CO2 push to purged kegs.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back