Need some legal advice...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call the cops, that's what you pay them for. It's also documented then so if it escalates, they will have it recorded.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Maybe they're hoarders and can't get to the toilet.:eek:

That's disgusting, I couldn't even imagine what type of people would do that. Can you actually see them doing it? Maybe there is some type of indecent exposure and the cops will do something about that.

Thank goodness for blizzard and alane1, That is ALWAYS the first course of action with a neighbor. Just go talk to them. If you do that and they don't want to be good neighbors, you will be justified in calling the cops.

wow, two pages from when I posted to when it made it into the stream. Good on the rest of you for suggesting it too.

Maybe they're hoarders and can't get to the toilet.:eek:

That's disgusting, I couldn't even imagine what type of people would do that. Can you actually see them doing it? Maybe there is some type of indecent exposure and the cops will do something about that.

Where's the #2 going?

Opposite-side neighbor's driveway?

I'm still trying to figure out just why someone would be pissing out a window. That's just not normal. And to be doing it on a semi-regular basis leaves me scratching my head. Good luck.

I have an acquaintance who has a very, very serious drinking problem and he would drink alone in his room and, in order to not rouse the suspicions of his roommates (they knew, of course) he would find ... um, creative ways to relieve himself without leaving his room. That could be what's going on here maybe? Or maybe it's a kid?

You could contact a lawyer and maybe bring a private nuisance claim. The only relief a judge would potentially grant is an injunction against that behavior. Not much good to you, still need the police to enforce and this after potentially years of litigation. Just call the police, it is an issue of public lewdness and health. If the police issue multiple citations they will surely contact child welfare and you won't have issues of documentation when you call child welfare. Have you talked to your neighbor yet? Are they renters? If so you should talk to their LL for immediate action. That's not a fun situation and one that will likely be messy to resolve.

I'm still trying to figure out just why someone would be pissing out a window. That's just not normal. And to be doing it on a semi-regular basis leaves me scratching my head. Good luck.

I am willing to bet that you didn't grow up in a house with eight older sisters?

Or maybe the toilet doesn't work and the kid doesn't want to run down two flights of stairs.

If we, as adults, can justify hosing down our own back yard, then it isn't too crazy to think that a kid might not see anything wrong with this.

I have an acquaintance who has a very, very serious drinking problem and he would drink alone in his room and, in order to not rouse the suspicions of his roommates (they knew, of course) he would find ... um, creative ways to relieve himself without leaving his room. That could be what's going on here maybe? Or maybe it's a kid?

I was just about to say that. Kid (teen in the house?) is sneaking booze, has to pee, and thinks he's being clever doing it in such a way that his folks won't wonder why he's peeing so much--or worse, stumbling to the bathroom.

Or just shout out the window next time it happens.

"HEY!!! I SEE YOU!!! STOP PISSING ON MY TRUCK!!!!"

I second the thought on if they are renters to get the landlord into it. It is obviously damaging the house so it is a valid concern. Otherwise, do you live in a neighborhood with a HOA? File an anonymous complaint about unattractive siding stains and smell and let them 'notify' the owners that they need to pressurewash the house and clean it up.

If none of that works or applies, kindly confront one of the 'adults' of the house, and mention that there is some strange staining and smells on the outside wall of their house and they might be concerned about a leak or something. See if things change. If all else fails call up the non emergency number for your local police department and inquire as to what the best course of action would be. Do not aim the camera at their window without written legal guidance to do so (you really do not want to get in trouble for filming a minor's privates do you?). I would aim the camera at the general area with time stamp (at an angle so it is not said to be directed at the house) and see if you can capture and document the puddles growing so you can establish that this is a serial pisser.

Then again I am no lawyer, but especially if your truck gets hit, urine is not really all that paint friendly.

Back