Need recipe advice??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need your help. I'm just about to harvest my third year Cascade and Chinook hops. Both are doing great, but this year instead of drying then freezing all of them I want to make a really good "wet hopped" APA/IPA...

Can I get a good AG recipe from my friends on here please?

Sorry in advance if this is not posted in the correct place!

Thanks, :mug:

12.5 lbs. Pale Ale Malt
1 lb. Munich 10L
.5 lb. White Wheat Malt
1 lb. table sugar
15-20 IBUs of Magnum or other neutral hop at 60
10 to 20 oz. fresh hops at 15 mins.
10 tp 20 oz. fresh hops at 5 mins.
20 to 40 oz. fresh hops for a 30 minute steep
Adjust the late hop additions to reach desired IBUs and then dry hop with a 2 to 4 ounces of similar hops.
Use an english ale yeast and ferment at about 67F.

12.5 lbs. Pale Ale Malt
1 lb. Munich 10L
.5 lb. White Wheat Malt
1 lb. table sugar
15-20 IBUs of Magnum or other neutral hop at 60
10 to 20 oz. fresh hops at 15 mins.
10 tp 20 oz. fresh hops at 5 mins.
20 to 40 oz. fresh hops for a 30 minute steep
Adjust the late hop additions to reach desired IBUs and then dry hop with a 2 to 4 ounces of similar hops.
Use an english ale yeast and ferment at about 67F.

I've never use wet hops, but... marked in red^, that sounds like an awful lot of (wet) hops, 40-80 oz! Typically you'd use 5x the weight in fresh wet hops compared to dried ones. Maybe cut all those amounts by a factor 4? Then add a "dry hop" using wet hops, around 10 oz for 4 days to a week from a fresh pick or a frozen batch.

I'd also leave the sugar out.

I've never use wet hops, but... marked in red^, that sounds like an awful lot of (wet) hops, 40-80 oz! Typically you'd use 5x the weight in fresh wet hops compared to dried ones. Maybe cut all those amounts by a factor 4? Then add a "dry hop" using wet hops, around 10 oz for 4 days to a week from a fresh pick or a frozen batch.

...OK, that makes a little more sense!

Thanks

Wet hops weigh between 5 and 8 times what the same volume of dried hops do.

Latest posts

Back