Need Beer in Cans!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captianoats

Reaction score
So SWMBO and I do a lot of kayaking, camping, and other summertime outdoor activities. Problem is, most places don't allow bottles, but cans are OK. Since I live in a small town in southern IN, when it comes to cans I'm stuck with BMC, Tecate, and Guinness... which is OK, but not in 90 degree heat. I'm not a fan of drinking beer out of empty Coke bottles.

Oh well, guess it's another weekend on the water drinking triple hopped horsepiss. :mug:

I'm in northwest Indiana, and I just dropped off my state fair home-brews off at sun king in Indy. They had some great beers. I picked up a growler of pale ale. Anyway, they sell their brew in 4 packs of cans. Make some calls and track them down. Esb and pale ale are really going to be great in 90degree heat. Hope that helped.

i don't know if you can get it near where you are, but 21st amendment brewery comes in cans. their IPA is so-so, but their black ipa is killer, and hell or high watermelon is nice and light, good for "outdoor activities" might be worth tracking some down.

21a as reco'd above, and if you can get it, Caldera IPA is killer, and for some reason, we get it in VA. Now that I keg, I wish all brewers would can their beers, but then actually pass the savings in shipping reduction etc. on to us... but that's another forum and story I'm sure.

schlitz!

i'm in the same boat as you. there are very few craft beers in this area that come in cans. ska brewing is the only one i've ever seen in the il/in area.

Sierra Nevada and Bells will both be canning some beers by next summer, so you have that to look forward to. Two words: Torpedo tallboys

Don't know if they distribute down there, but Brewery Vivant in Grand Rapids, MI does 4-packs of 16oz cans. I've had their IPA and their abbey ale, both were pretty tasty. I remember thinking that I could drink that stuff all day.

Brooklyn Brewery has been putting out their Summer Ale in cans if that's available near you. If your beer store doesn't carry something, ask about it. They might order it for you.

Brooklyn Brewery has been putting out their Summer Ale in cans if that's available near you. If your beer store doesn't carry something, ask about it. They might order it for you.

They can their lager as well. I love Brooklyn Lager!

Saranac Brewery has begun canning their Pale Ale. Maybe you can find some of that...

I just came back from the bottle shop. They have a whole cooler of cans. 21st Amendment, Sly Fox, Oscar Blues. Then like Guiness, Youngs, Old Speckled Hen etc. We picked up a Monks Blood but I have to pour then into a glass. There are more breweries which I haven't seen cans from but apparently they do.

http://www.craftcans.com/db.php?cat=beerbrewery

Time to take a road trip to a good beer store? Ive seen two or 3 local craft putting out cans,its a growing trend that breweries are probably benefiting well from.

If you like dark stuff, and even those who do don't necessarily want it in the summer, you might try Buried Hatchet Stout from Southern Star (Texas Brewery). It comes in a can and it's mighty tasty. I picked it up in my local (Wrigleyville, Chicago) Binnys. Perhaps you can find it in your neck of the woods.

I know what you mean, captianoats. Easier for camping also.
I've seen a few more in cans, besides the ones listed so far, like Bluemoon, Lienies, Shiner (bock only I've seen) and several micro brews around here have a few of theirs canned, like Capital, Milwaukee Brewing, Keweenaw Brewing Company, and some others that I can't remember. Last summer I saw some of the Horny Goats in cans, but this year all bottles. Hope to see a few more offering both canned and bottle options, at least for the summer.

Caldera brewing out here in ORYGUN have a selection of decent canned beers. Not sure if you'd be able to get your hands on any, though.

Back