neautral yeast to dry out beer --Stopped @ 1.022

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iparks81

Reaction score
brewed up a beer about a month ago and (not really following any style guidlines)...supose you could call it a British mild?

My question is that it stopedd at 1.022 with White labs London ale yeast WLP013
spent 14 in fermentor @ 66-68 and 7 days in fermentor @ 50
racked to my keg and wowza...Sweet! and under hopped (ill get to the under hoped part in minute)

looking to get the FG down to about 1012-1015
I dont want to impart any other yeast flavors just something to pitch to dry it out a bit

I had been getting crazy good utilization from previous batches (way to hoppy) so I backed off the hops considerably for this brew, but it was a bit too much

heres the recipe

OG 1.059
Batch size 5.5gal
63% eff
21.6 IBU

12.5 lb Maris otter
.5lb aromatic malt
.5lb C60
.25lb Cara Brown

1oz East kent - 60 min
.5oz Fuggles - 30 min
.5 Fuggles - 5 min

WLP013 London Ale

mashed at 150 for 60 min

just wondering a good neutral yeast to use to dry it out a bit, its far to sweet right now

I suspect the 7 days at 50 degrees may have stopped the yeast in its tracks. Have you tried just warming it up to room temperature and trying to wake up your yeasties? I'd do that before pitching more yeast.

Safale US-05 is a pretty neutral yeast with good attenuation if you do decide to pitch more yeast.

Fermentation was pretty well done by the time I droped the Temp to 50...But yes, it is nice and warm (70-72) sitting in the keg in the back room right now...I will keep an eye on it to see if its started fermenting again in the keg.

Latest posts

Back