Natural remedy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchuklobrau

Reaction score
Looking like my hops have an iron deficiency(and perhaps other nutrient problems). Problem is I am w/o a vehicle for the next 2wks at least, all the stores within walking distance are crap, and have no card to purchace anything online. sooooooo any homeade quick remedies out there?

Check the bottom of the leaves for spider mites! I got them bad this year. I'm thinking about using predatory mites to keep them under control as nothing else works. Either that or I won't be growing them anymore.

lol on a side note I have really neglected my hops this year, and all in all they are doing better than any of the years of babying them.

Urine works to add nitrogen and trace minerals. Just be sure to dilute it enough--one part urine to 20 parts water or more. I usually take a leak in a five gallon bucket and fill the rest with water, let it sit for a day, and then apply it to my ornamentals. Easy and you can't beat the price. The other thing you can do, if you have access to lawn clippings, is soak the clippings in a five gallon bucket for a day or two (one part clippings to five parts water) and then strain the water out and use it to water plants.

Wood ash is a source of potash, not nitrogen, I believe. Plus, it can make the soil too alkaline, so go easy on that.

Latest posts

Back