Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dakar?

Ruf Dakara
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ruf Dakara
The Ruf Dakara is an SUV based on the Porsche Cayenne with some redesigned body panels. The most notable differences between the two vehicles is the headlamps. Many Dakara models are 2004 model year Cayenne. Currently (2008), there are five RUF Dakaras in the United States. Four are 550 conversions and one is 570, the number referring to horsepower. The Dakara reaches 60 mph in 4.8 seconds, which is the same result of the stock Cayenne S (4.8 seconds). Much of the body work is done in carbon fiber, and the headlamps are taken from the current (991/998) model Porsche 911. Interior includes leather upgrades, and iPod dock, and front and rear-facing cameras.

It debuted at the Geneva Motor Show in 2009, and each costs approximately $330,000 (€289,327).

Dakar?

Ruf Dakara
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ruf Dakara
The Ruf Dakara is an SUV based on the Porsche Cayenne with some redesigned body panels. The most notable differences between the two vehicles is the headlamps. Many Dakara models are 2004 model year Cayenne. Currently (2008), there are five RUF Dakaras in the United States. Four are 550 conversions and one is 570, the number referring to horsepower. The Dakara reaches 60 mph in 4.8 seconds, which is the same result of the stock Cayenne S (4.8 seconds). Much of the body work is done in carbon fiber, and the headlamps are taken from the current (991/998) model Porsche 911. Interior includes leather upgrades, and iPod dock, and front and rear-facing cameras.

It debuted at the Geneva Motor Show in 2009, and each costs approximately $330,000 (€289,327).

Nope, but HOT on the SUV ID.

VW Touareg. Somewhere in North Africa. Needle, meet haystack.

Correct re Touareg.

I'll guess Khartoum.

No, France attempted to annex area that is modern day Sudan during the Fashoda Crisis, but was unsuccessful in that effort. The city in the picture is francafrique. That doesn't whittle it down much, so the city is not considered to be in North Africa (nor the country).

Yeah.... I don't keep up on world events as much as I should apparently....

No worries, you are quite close though. Its a Franafrique country, and there are few cities to choose from. It is the capital of the country, and the Touareg have been a considerable internal security threat to nation.

Niamey, Niger. I just read about the US troops killed there.

Correct. You're up.

The four slain soldiers were with the 3rd Special Forces Group from Fort Bragg, N.C. On Friday, the U.S. military identified the three other service members killed as Staff Sgt. Bryan C. Black, 35 years old, of Puyallup, Wash.; Staff Sgt. Jeremiah W. Johnson, 39, of Springboro, Ohio; and Staff Sgt. Dustin M. Wright, 29, of Lyons, Ga. Two other American soldiers were wounded and evacuated to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-military-recovers-body-of-fourth-soldier-killed-in-niger-ambush-1507319507
http://archive.is/XaKgw

RIP.

OK, let's try this one.

504.jpg

We have a winner! I was worried I would have to keep giving clues until someone got there by dead reckoning. ;)

Glad to see it solved by someone from the area. I only spent a day there during an Ireland trip in 2006, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Beautiful, wild country, and the town was wonderful.

Went for a short visit to the Slieve League the next day (which involved a white-knuckle drive up a 1-lane cliffside road).

Back