Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a great book; I just added it to my list. I just started reading Adrift, which has been very interesting so far. https://www.amazon.com/dp/0618257322/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Read that one many years ago. Good story. Steve Calahan fares better in the end than Donald Crowhurst. I've read a ton of those types of survival at sea books. Check out Skeletons on the Zahara or The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex or (the best) Endurance for more of the same. Way to go, got me talking about books, I'm an easy mark :off:

Last edited by a moderator:
With any luck I'll travel here...

HBT 2.jpg

Well I did do a reverse google image search even though it's forbidden, but I basically did it just to check how the nane of the place is written. I did recognize the place to be in madagascar as I had seen it in a nature show on TV not too long ago. If that's against the rules then fine disqualify me.

Dinnnnng! Live about 30km away, drive criss cross around it at work.

I searched radio towers, which produced much garbage. Added Finland to it and something similar popped up on Pinterest for lahti. Searched lahti radio towers and saw a postage Finnish postage stamp depicting those towers, lit up like you showed.

They were a long range T-transmitter up until 1993, but the radio activity has since moved away. Being such an iconic part of the skyline they decided not to take them down, and nowadays they're pretty much rented out to different telecompanies to house their antennas in because of the location (they sit atop a ridge with nothing to block them for miles and miles)

It's not mine to officially call, but I'm going to officially confirm HarborTownBrewing's answer as correct. Except for the bridge part. That's the BAY bridge [emoji6]

Latest posts

Back