My wife is pissed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chessking

Reaction score
Don't know exactly why, but my wife is pissed. maybe its because I have spent the last half a day not helping her get ready for the holidays. I am a $hit. Drinking beer is the reason.

They are pretty much all that way. One thing you can be sure of though, treat them like crap and they'll never leave!

Yup. We all get buried by the same hatchet, it seems. I think it's just the season. Extra list of things to do, as the wommens care more about the house & family, especially during the silly season...

You know, I want to say that these are sexist generalizations, but I have heard my wife and her friends, and my wife and mother-in-law, say the same types of things about men.

"He spent 4 hours working on the car yesterday, but couldn't remember to take the trash out."

"He would've wore the same sweater that he wore last Christmas, this Christmas, if I hadn't made him change before we left the house."

"Can you believe that he didn't understand why we had to buy all new place settings, when the baby broke a glass, and we were 1 short?"

Disclaimer: My wife has said 1 of the above, the others are things that have been said about my buddies.

My wife is pregnant with our 2nd so she can get pretty damn moody too but it's understandable. She loves to drink IPA's and she brewed her very own IPA for the first time right before we found out she was pregnant. I had just kegged it a couple days before we found out. So I fee like I was getting the stink eye whenever I went downstairs to pull a pint. Come to find out while she was a little jealous she would rather me enjoy it then have it go bad which is pretty cool.
In return I've been going out to Fridays to get her food at 11pm on a Sunday night, going to the store to get ice cream and munchies when she's craving something, etc, etc. It's a good trade off... I get to brew and drink beer while I keep her happy.
I'll take it. I hear some of her friend's husbands quit drinking while their wives are pregnant... Luckily she's not expecting me to do that! :ban:

I find if I just do the little things she asks of me my life is a whole lot better.

It's all about balance, and luck. My wife insisted I go out and pick up a kegerator this weekend, because I wanted one, and when it got home told me I had to brew now so I could fill it! She come from an old school German family so she understands instinctually the need for beer!

Miao of the story, for all you single guys choose wisely. I knew my wife was the one when she refused bmc products and could keep up with me in college.

Indeed. My wife looks forward to brew day because she loves t he smell of wort boiling. Choose your partner in crime well :tank:

Indeed I think that if mine wasn't pissed at me about something...things just aren't right with the world.

I do try to understand more of what she wants from me but the progress is slow for sure. I won't blame this on her as I know that I need to change and just be less selfish in general. Not saying that's your issue but it certainly plays a part in my home life. Drinking and brewing just happen to be a big part of home life :)

The woman/man relationship is something of a mystery that I truly believe I will never understand.

18483387.jpg

SWMBO doesn't care when I brew or drink. She doesn't necessarily like beer, so I tend to have more fun brewing and drinking when no one is in the house. Brewing with everyone at home makes the process harder - same with drinking.

It's tough around the holidays. My wife is generally more relaxed these days than she used to be, but still I know she would like to have a nice, clean house for guests.

That's why I decided to tell the kids to dust all the picture frames and shelves and things while we were at work today!

One remedy I've found, is to catch her cooking in the kitchen, violently remove her clothing and bend her over the island unexpectedly. If you have kids you may want to do this while thy are at school. And as always, practice safe sex; move the beer mugs off the island so no glass gets broken!

Puts e'm in a better mood every time!

The wife is angry? There seems to be no reason for her angst? Hmmm, a few follow up questions:
Does she crave chocolate?
Has her intake of cranberry juice increased?

This is why the wife and I never do anything big for the holidays.
going to the in-laws on the 24th
all day at our place on the 25th
to my parents house on the 26th

Don't know exactly why, but my wife is pissed. maybe its because I have spent the last half a day not helping her get ready for the holidays. I am a $hit. Drinking beer is the reason.

See, what you need to do is have a notepad and pen beside you while you drink, and whenever she's in the room, take a sip and then jot down some notes. Tell her that you're doing research for a beer blog and you have to get all of these beers sampled before Thursday.

Yeah, but at least you're making up for it by also surfing the internet. Go heavy or go home...

Sounds to me like you need to pucker-up butter- cup And kiss some a$$ sometimes you have to do that even if you don't know what you did to tick her off.

Hey..before i get a beer,i make sure things are done and ask is there anything that needs doing.if anything arises while having a beer we both attended to it..she has here hobbies too.it's called working as a team.

Hey my wife told me to go by the brew store on my way home today so I could squeeze a batch in before Christmas! God I love that woman, did I mention the store was 20min the opposite direction of home?

The wife is angry? There seems to be no reason for her angst? Hmmm, a few follow up questions:
Does she crave chocolate?
Has her intake of cranberry juice increased?

If the OP answers yes to both of those question, he should probably NOT take my above advice, or at least try it while she's brushing her teeth instead of cooking.

Hey..before i get a beer,i make sure things are done and ask is there anything that needs doing.if anything arises while having a beer we both attended to it..she has here hobbies too.it's called working as a team.

That's the exact attitude that e'll land you in divorce court.

They are pretty much all that way. One thing you can be sure of though, treat them like crap and they'll never leave!

Never take any of this advice. It's the worst advice ever. as for the OP, put down the beer and help from time to time. The beer will always be there, she may not. :) Some of you sound miserable about your marriage. Sadness.

Latest posts

Back