My mobile motorized Grain Mill/Work Table

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmullins

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Using InfernoBrew's build as my starting point (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-motorized-mm3-2-0-crushing-station-248727/)

I built this over the past two weekends.

scaled.php

The top of the table is on hinges so that I can lift it open to access the grain mill. I've got my Monster Mill 3 Roller hooked up to a 1/2HP (1725RPM) with a 1.5" sheave on the motor, and a 10" sheave on the Mill. The whole table is on casters so I can roll it out of the garage on brew days

scaled.php

Had a friend who owns an autobody swing by this morning to help with wiring it up (Motor is run into the box. The switch turns the motor on/off, and I have two extra outlets if needed. The extension cord is wired into the box, and the 25' cord gives me plenty of space)

scaled.php

scaled.php

Built a little railing to hang this wire shelf for extra storage

scaled.php

And can store extra kegs underneath, and my scale inside when needed and not using the mill.

scaled.php

djsethall said:
Pretty schnazzy, watch your fingers

Certainly aware of the dangers. The sheaves are 1ft below the top lid and set to the back of the table. The walls around the sides make it very difficult to get near the sheaves. Before I wired it up I did some inspecting to see how big of a screwup it would take to hurt myself, and it appears to be pretty big

nice job. it's too big for me - yer table is the size of my entire brew-room, but it's nicely done.

with the dust of milling, I suggest moving the kegs out of contaminations way,

kick it 2-row school!

brewmonk said:
nice job. it's too big for me - yer table is the size of my entire brew-room, but it's nicely done.

with the dust of milling, I suggest moving the kegs out of contaminations way,

kick it 2-row school!

My brew room is my driveway, so I go big or go home.

I only toss the kegs under when I rolled the table into the garage at the end of the day (just put them in the photos for the site)

Back