My Master Bath

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. I got a question. I've never done ceramic tile on a floor. Maybe this is obvious to any who has. I've taken up the baseboards and leveled the slab floor. It needed it before any sub-floor or underlay went on. Even thought the foundation was repaired, the floor still had a hump in it. Now, once all this additional flooring goes in and is that much higher, how does the commode and tub fit back in? I mean, it was fine when all I did was slap down some vinyl tile on the slab to replace the carpet (yes really. carpet in the bathroom) but going ceramic, do I need to raise up the plumbing to meet the commode and claw foot tub drain?

I think i understand what you're asking.

you mean the toilet drain, right? you either have to extend the drain pipe if it's not long enough, or you could put the toilet on the sub and tile around it, provided the toilet has a base profile so that it would look good.

motobrewer said:
I think i understand what you're asking.

you mean the toilet drain, right? you either have to extend the drain pipe if it's not long enough, or you could put the toilet on the sub and tile around it, provided the toilet has a base profile so that it would look good.

When you renovate on existing there are "flange spacers" at your plumbing supply, HD, Lowes, they screw down on the flange after you scrape the wax off. I don't know your specifics so this general. The flange spacers are about ten bucks, you'll also want to get the extended wax ring. Yea your tub drain will need to be longer.

Zuljin said:

Oh **** I just reread that! Really? I've done dozens upon dozens and no, I have never seen carpet. Sheetrock once but no not carpet. that's just f in gross. Good job getting that out!

Oh **** I just reread that! Really? I've done dozens upon dozens and no, I have never seen carpet. Sheetrock once but no not carpet. that's just f in gross. Good job getting that out!

That's my grandparents house sweet shag carpet caressing your toes

Back