My little buddy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's what I missed while I was at NHC:
0702131258a.jpg

You guys were all cool and everything, but nobody compares to this guy! :D

We went fishing for just a little while, but we watched some mergansers and some loons and just hung out all day. We made two projects at Story Time (I'm beginning quite proficient with non-sharp scissors) and planted a flower. It's so cool having my little buddy around! :rockin:

Lmao, my son is about to turn 6 and I cherish every minute I get with him.

Thank you! He's going to be 3 in a few weeks. We have a really good time together.

One day, he flipped on some switches for my brewery as I was going to brew later and told him he could heat up the HLT.

He went out and sat at the kitchen island and told his mom, "I make beer. But I drink juice. Until I'm older". His mother rolled her eyes. Of course, she had perfected eye rolling at age 13, so it didn't bother me a bit. :D

I'm with AZ, I can't believe how big he is .... 3 years already

today I just took our 5 y/o fishing for the first time. he caught 2 catfish. they weren't very big, just about 4 pounds, but he was pretty excited & happy! probably not as excited or happy as me though. hahahhaha!!

I have a 2 and 4 yr old they love to weigh out the hops and through them in during the boil. They are a ton of fun and help/hinder me everytime I brew.

WOW he is something special. Your lucky! Great to have grand kids!!!

I miss mine a lot!

He really is! I worked today, which is extremely rare (semi-retired). so he called me to tell me that he was at my house and watering the plants with grandpa, and having a great time.

He told me, quite seriously, that tomorrow is the parade. And they throw candy, so he's bringing his teddy bear so he gets twice as much candy from the "candy from heaven" people.

Boy, does he sound like me, eh? :D

So sweet, enjoy the time you have it passes so quickly... my youngest grand daughter is 13 now... she lived with me from age 10 to 12 and we bonded close until her mom and my wife became estranged and now I have no contact with her and I miss her so much and our summer walks in the evening and snow castles and sow ball fights and our talks by the fire... ok now I am going cry.

At least y'all have grandbabies. I wish I did...doesn't look like it's gunna happen with this bunch. I got tons of neices & nephews,all the way back to great great grand nephews & neices. But not from my boys & girl...at least not yet. It worries me that maybe they think we'll be around forever & they've got plenty of time. I know that one doesn't work too well. Count yourselves lucky with those precious little ones.

At least y'all have grandbabies. I wish I did...doesn't look like it's gunna happen with this bunch. I got tons of neices & nephews,all the way back to great great grand nephews & neices. But not from my boys & girl...at least not yet. It worries me that maybe they think we'll be around forever & they've got plenty of time. I know that one doesn't work too well. Count yourselves lucky with those precious little ones.

Thanks for the reminder! Even though I wasn't ready for him to be here when he came, I'm so thankful that he's such a huge part of my life. I'm also grateful that they live close by, so we sometimes have lunch together or else just bump into each other at the store. He squeals, "Grandma!" and comes running. And my heart melts.

His little brother should be born sometime in the next few days, so I'll have two little buddies to hang out with and corrupt. :p

Hey,that's what grandma & grandpa's are for. We spoil them rotten...then send'em back to mom & dad. How else are we gunna endear ourselves to their memories?? By the by,your beers are gettin packed up to ship out monday. Been lettin them have some decent fridge time...:mug:

My daughter just called. Quinn is really bugging her to come out to grandma's cottage, to sleep over night. Since it looks like Baby D isn't coming tonight, they are on their way for chicken on the grill, a boat ride, and more.

He didn't take a nap today, so he won't be able to stay up for a bonfire I'm afraid.

I spent much of the day snorkeling, as the water is finally warm enough for me to go in without freezing. We've got a ton of fish in our lake, and it's so much fun to see them while I snorkel around. I swam out to the swim raft and all over our bay to see if I could see anything except bass and bluegills and turtles. Nope!

I only have one so far and he has just passed his first birthday. We are self employed so we are able to watch him a few days a week to keep him outta daycare. Can't wait to be able to go do things with him, probably have to wait till he can walk though. i can still remember my Grandpa taking me fishing and hunting for the first time.

I only have one so far and he has just passed his first birthday. We are self employed so we are able to watch him a few days a week to keep him outta daycare. Can't wait to be able to go do things with him, probably have to wait till he can walk though. i can still remember my Grandpa taking me fishing and hunting for the first time.

They just left the cottage, after spending the night. He already told me that he's sitting with me in my deer blind this year, and he's been fishing with us more than I can remember.

We took a boat ride (again), saw the loons (again- he loves watching them and hearing them call) and told stories before he fell asleep. It was so wonderful- I"m lucky to have him.

Back