My kegging kit came today :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HH60gunner

Reaction score
woot.... Good old UPS brought me my dual keg setup from kegconnection today. Can't wait to go get some C02 tomorrow and rack my stout to the keg.

Awesome! Most random thing, I just saw your post in the unanswered threads, and you are form Tucson too! Small world!

I remember when I got my dual tower, and keg supplies, I was so stoked, now I have a really cool DIY kegerator that I am extremely proud of. What did you get, and what do you plan?

BTW, where abouts are you?

Nice! I'm looking at ordering from them tomorrow. How do your kegs look? Pretty clean or pretty beat to hell?

Dude, I'm right with ya! I've had my kegconnection gear for about a week, just got my CO2 yesterday, and am waiting until next weekend to take my Irish Stout off the trub.

In the interest of go-big-or-go-home, I also picked up a used fridge from craigslist and keggerated it.

Oh yeah! :rockin:

Congratulations. Your life just changed...for the better!!

TomOliver - I ordered from them about a year ago and the kegs are in good shape, little or no dings, and all held pressure perfectly. One of the best things about them is the kit comes all assembled, which for a new kegger is great. I don't have to waste time figuring out what part goes where. Now that I've done it, I realize it's not a big deal but when you get your first keg, you want to put beer in it as soon as it's out of the box.

Awesome! Most random thing, I just saw your post in the unanswered threads, and you are form Tucson too! Small world!

I remember when I got my dual tower, and keg supplies, I was so stoked, now I have a really cool DIY kegerator that I am extremely proud of. What did you get, and what do you plan?

BTW, where abouts are you?

I live on base for now. I'll be moving out by sunrise and swan in a few weeks though. I got the single regulator dual keg setup with picnic taps for now. Eventually I'll be expanding and turning my chest freezer into a keezer. For now I'm sticking with the picnic taps with the kegs inside my spare fridge though. How about you what side of town are you on?

Nice! I'm looking at ordering from them tomorrow. How do your kegs look? Pretty clean or pretty beat to hell?

The kit that I just got earlier this week came with 2 kegs. They were better than I expected based on the reports that I had heard recently, but they were still beat up quite a bit. No major dents or other problems, but quite a few little things.

Those 2 from Kegconnection may also appear to look a bit worse than they really are because I have them sitting next to the kegs I just got from Sabco (kegs.com), and they do a fantastic job polishing the outside of their kegs.

Either way, once they are inside the kegerator, nobody will see them. Any cosmetic damage that does not effect the operation of the keg, is not a real big deal to me.

Mine look pretty good. No dents or dings. It's a bit dirty on the outside but nothing a little elbow grease couldn't cure if I really wanted to. Insides of the kegs were in great condition though.

Delivery man is making a lot of brewers happy today. Just got an email that my 40 plate chiller from KegCowboy just got delivered.

Anyone local interested in a CFC?

keezer.jpg

I finished this yesterday!

once i find a new job and get my own place i plan on uprading to kegging and a better AG brewing system...right now im stuck using the turkey cooker and botteling still alot of fun currently have 20gal fermenting with the 25th coming later tonight

once i find a new job and get my own place i plan on uprading to kegging and a better AG brewing system...right now im stuck using the turkey cooker and botteling still alot of fun currently have 20gal fermenting with the 25th coming later tonight

You have a ton to look forward to then. I have had to find another hobby just to keep building and give me a reason to go to HD every weekend.

I live on base for now. I'll be moving out by sunrise and swan in a few weeks though. I got the single regulator dual keg setup with picnic taps for now. Eventually I'll be expanding and turning my chest freezer into a keezer. For now I'm sticking with the picnic taps with the kegs inside my spare fridge though. How about you what side of town are you on?

Northwest side, near the Foothills mall. You will love kegging, it is so much less time consuming, and you can still bottle from the keg relatively easily.

I bottled my first and second batches and bought a dual keg dual regulator from keg connection before the second batch was even ready to be opened. As a matter of fact, when I counted the number of times I handle just 1 bottle to go through the bottling process I ordered the keg kit the same day I finished bottling that second batch! AND I was so impatient I went out to my local Praxair and just bought an additional CO2 tank filled up. They told me bring it back for a $90 deposit as the fill is only 14bux. My wife of all people suggesting just keeping it and getting the other filled so we have a back up CO2 tank. I'm hooked!

I just bought a dual keg system from keg connection as well but I needed something a little different seeing as I have a commercial sankey as well and they were awsum when I called the even left some extra hose and coupler in there as well. The keg were awsum both held pressure well one keg o ring did have a slight soda smell but they gave u extra o ring. All in all I am super pleased and if u get chance call instead of ordering online I talked to someone named Josh and he knew exactly what I needed. Especially If u need something a little different. Kegging is awsum !!!!

Back