My Keg Box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamjab19

Reaction score
I wanted a 'nicer' way of serving my keg instead of the keg/bucket with ice/picnic tap combo. Nothing too ground breaking here but I think it is awesome!

I don't keep my kegs on tap in a fridge or anything so this is just a one night use application but it allows me to chill my keg for a longer time before serving because of the insulation I put in the sides. This fits a 5 gallon corney and CO2 from a 20oz paintball tank.

I made the tower out of PVC and painted that black and basically just boxed in a 6 gallon bucket with 1"x1" and 1/4" paneling. Also drilled a hole in the back for the CO2 line. There is a garbage bag inside with the bucket inside that I sprayed great stuff around for a little bit of insulation. I put ice in the night before and the morning of the party and the beer stayed cold throughout the evening! The top with the tower is on hinges so it swings back to place the keg and ice in. Draining is the only pain. I did not install a spigot so I just dump the left over water out the next morning. No problems with that really plus at the rate I use a keg it doesn't bother me.

I will post more pic's in a few days.

7818_979207328524_2344016_58005238_8021305_n.jpg

It certainly looks decent. I may have gone the large trash can route just for ease of use, but looks like you did a good job.

So.. is this for commercial 5gal kegs or corny kegs? Are you serving with CO2 or just a hand pump?

Back