My Keezer Project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spartan21

Reaction score
So this is not going to be one of those step by step, detailed, how to threads. Just sharing my completed Keezer build and showing it off a bit.

My inventory

1 GE 7.0 Cu Chest Freezer from Homedepot
3 Ball Lock kegs
3 Perlick SS faucets and shanks
1 Johnson Controller -A419
1 Dehumidifier
5 5ft beer lines and gas lines
2 x 6 pine boards for collar
1 x 8 pine finishing boards
1 pc fan wired up with an old cell phone charger
Cardboard and duct tape for the air tunnel
C02 tank and regulator with a 3 port manifold
175 lb rated casters
Krylon Hammered Black spray paint
Pecan stain w/varnish
1 Very understanding wife that allowed me to spend the ridiculous amount of money I spent AND let me put it in our living room. She even added the tray on top and picked out the wine rack to hang above it. The trade off was a 1/6 barrel of Lieny's Summer Shandy on the first tap. (and new furniture for the house)..

So here it is:

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

Awesome Job! Can't wait to be able to build my own. Is that your computer fan in the red cardboard box? Is it pointed down to circulate air to the bottom?

Awesome Job! Can't wait to be able to build my own. Is that your computer fan in the red cardboard box? Is it pointed down to circulate air to the bottom?

Yes that is the PC fan but I have it point up pulling the cold air from the bottom of the freezer and directing it towards the faucet shanks. I have a notch cut out in the bottom front of the tunnel to pull the cold air in. I originally had it pointing down without the box but I had a 7-8 degree temp difference from bottom to top. After reversing and using the tunnel to pull air up my temps have leveled out and my pour is perfect, no more foamy first pours.

Nice! I just built a palet bottle shelf myself. Looks great over the kezzer.

Latest posts

Back