My gut hurts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnomyaR

Reaction score
So I made an Octoberfest and it set in primary for two weeks. Couldn't wait any longer. I bottled it. Well 5 days later I drank 2. Again, couldn't wait. My guts kinda felt wierd after. I might add I had like an 1/8" of sediment in the bottles. I was careful to pour into a glass not to stir or get any in my glass. What might cause this. Anxiety?? ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396895456.566600.jpg

Is it that obvious?

Yup!

If your new to homebrew or craft beer you can get a little gassy or even...

It takes time for your body to get use to the yeast. Next time let your beer completely ferment out. This will allow a lot of the yeast to drop out of suspension. Also be careful the dregs in the bottom of the glass.

I had a liter of mr beer porter that I forgot about and it aged about 7 months. Well I cracked it and tasted it and it was surprisingly really good. So I had a pint. Then 45 mins later I needed to power wash the inside of the commode. Still don't know what happened but I'd drink it again. Haha

Some things in life are worth the consequences, even if you know for sure the consequences will be full-blown ass spray diarrhoea.

I can attest to this, both as an IBS sufferer and a taco bell fan.

I've discovered this with a couple of my last batch that I decided to pour the sediment from the bottle into the glass. As well as a sample of one that's still in primary and had some chunks of yeast in the sample.

For me it has always been next day but I assure you its as good as any laxative you can buy lol.

Being that you only waited 5 days after bottling there was probably a lot of yeast still in suspension but that should change after 2-3 weeks.

Awesome comments yall!! Stand by for stool pics!!

Is it that obvious?

I've discovered this with a couple of my last batch that I decided to pour the sediment from the bottle into the glass. As well as a sample of one that's still in primary and had some chunks of yeast in the sample.

For me it has always been next day but I assure you its as good as any laxative you can buy lol.

Being that you only waited 5 days after bottling there was probably a lot of yeast still in suspension but that should change after 2-3 weeks.

Better to drink HB than Metamusal.

HONEY I AM JUST TRYING TO STAY REGULAR

and make sure to keep your dog away from your HB
LsEHNIk.gif

Aaaaahahahahah that be my luck!! I already have to watch my son ripping the air lock off

Is it that obvious?

been 2 weeks only drinking my homebrew, let's just say my #2 are not looking the same:D

yeah the probiotics (live yeast) can cause a little intestinal distress while you grow accustomed to them. It will pass. Welcome to the addiction. Think of it as your initiation, the yeast and HB is hazing you.

When I drank my first brew I had 3-4 days of what one would euphemistically call "cropdusting" the bowl. I think some tracts just need a few days to adjust to what I'm guessing is a higher dose of yeast than you'd get in a commercial brew.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well my stomach is gonna have to man the F$@& up cause I'm pushin em

Is it that obvious?

Back