My go to cider recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dudest

Reaction score
Approximately 5gal. apple juice. Motts or Berkley Jensen. 2 cups light brown sugar and 1.5 pounds honey. Safale 05. Keg and don't drive. Sg is 1.7 Fg is 1.1

I think you mean 1.010, not 1.100... Either way it seems a little high. I've always had my ciders finish below 1.005. How long do you usually let it sit before kegging? Is it cleared?

I think you mean 1.010, not 1.100... Either way it seems a little high. I've always had my ciders finish below 1.005. How long do you usually let it sit before kegging? Is it cleared?

You are right with the decimals. I think the yeast is maxed out abv wise. I have done probably 150 gal.this summer and it never gets any lower,I let it sit for a month once with the same result. Anyway I keg it right away and drink after 2. Days 30 psi. It does improve the longer it sits in the keg even if it's only 2 weeks. Doing multiple batches now, it tastes good right out of the fermenter though and is clear out of t he keg.

Latest posts

Back