My First Beer Complete! Pale Ale w/ Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redline

Reaction score
So it's been a week since I bottled my first batch ever of a Baron's Pale Ale and so far so good! It was a good learning experience, I'm glad I did it in the end and will definitely be making some more beers.

Overall the beer turned out great, considering I made a couple small mistakes, and it was my first try. The taste is nice and smooth, carbonation turned out great, very nice colour and not bitter at all (like some cheap homebrews I've had in the past).

I've already had a bunch of compliments too!

One question - being my first batch I didn't use a hydrometer, so I'm unsure as to the ABV of the beer. I did have about 8 or 9 last night and I was pretty cut, so I know there is alcohol in there, but I'm wondering if there is a way I can estimate the ABV% when it's complete if I bought a hydrometer?

Thanks for all the help over the course of my brewing process! Looking forward to my next batch - an IPA! Any recommendations on IPA kits are welcome.

paleale1.jpg

paleale2.jpg

paleale3.jpg

Looks good for a week in bottle. A little advice, leave the rest at room temp for another two weeks. You'll thank me (and a whole lot of the rest of us) later.

And yes, I know it's really hard to do this on your first brew. Been there, done that, it's awesome.:tank:

Looks good for a week in bottle. A little advice, leave the rest at room temp for another two weeks. You'll thank me (and a whole of the rest of us) later.

And yes, I know it's really hard to do this on your first brew. Been there, done that, it's awesome.:tank:

Thanks - I have been keeping them at room temp. Just threw a few in the fridge for the big game tonight! Go Canucks!

I just hope you have more on the way!!That first batch goes fast and having to wait for the nest one sucks.Welcome to the Pipeline!

yeah,we're all slaves to the grind around here (what was that bands name again?). The brewing gods are unrelenting task masters for their pipeline. They'll curse you with mistakes if you don't keep up.
I lol'd when they called it the next step in the evolution of beer making. Sounds like another cooper's type deal to me. But I use their cans to good advantage in my little experiments. If it smells good,eat it! lolz. That is a purty brew,but give it a couple more weeks. Then you'll def be a whole lot happier!:mug:

Back