My answer to the Keezer lid question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyb33

Reaction score
So after much research on this forum, my keezer is born.
All of my build came from ideas I got from here, except one, so I thought I'd share.
Should I hinge the lid off the collar for ease of daily opening, or hinge the collar and fix the lid for ease of keg loading and maintenance? My answer, both.
I hinged the lid off the collar with the original hinges, which is easy enough to find here and figure out. Next, I added a 1X4 with machine screws into the original hinge holes on the freezer to prevent accidental coolant line puncture. Then, I used a piano hinge from the 1X4 to the collar. I added 2 wooden wings on each end of the 1X4 to support the collar while open. Works like a dream. Best of both camps. Cheers!

4.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Nice work! I did something very similar. I used gate hinges instead of a piano hinge. But whatever you have laying around the shop or have available at your local hardware store, as long as it's sturdy enough.

It's a 12 volt computer fan. It runs constantly to circulate the cold air. I had problems with CO2 falling out of suspension in the beer lines causing foaming. This did the trick. I wired it to an old cell phone charger with ajustable voltage to control fan speed. I think I have it at 7.5 volts.

Latest posts

Back