multiple CO2 Regulator creeping up, why?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planker101

Reaction score
So I met a guy by selling him my old keggerator. Good guy, happened to live down the street, we're friends now.

Keggerator worked perfectly for me for a couple years.

He has gone through 3 regulators so far. The first one was the original that I sold to him. Apparently he dropped that one so can't rule out physical damage.

The second one was an ebay purchase of his. After a couple months the pressure slowly started creeping up. Maybe 5-10psi overnight. Initially decided that was due to it being a cheap no name ebay regulator.

The 3rd was my second regulator that I have been using for years without issue. I lent it to him while he was trying to find another regulator. After two weeks it now goes to 50psi in maybe 5 minutes. Same issue as the ebay one but worse.

My only thought is that he keeps his keggerator in an un-insulated shed. Ebay one went slowly as the start of summer and my backup one just went quickly now in full heat of summer. Could the heat of a shed (guessing 115-120 max temp on a hot day) be smoking regulators? I've never had any issues with any of my regulators so the fact that he has gone through 3 in about a year blows my mind.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Back