Moving CO2 tank out of fridge - Where to drill hole?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnycreature

Beer Crafter, Metalhead \m/
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am using a side-by-side fridge/freezer (GE model# GSH25JFTE BB) to house my kegs and bottles. The freezer is still a freezer so I only use the fridge side. I have a 7# CO2 tank which is fairly slim but I still would like to move it outside the fridge to make more room for the important stuff - beer! My question is now, how do I know where I can drill a hole to pass the CO2 line through? Some fridges/freezers seem to have refrigerant lines going everywhere and I'd hate to damage them. Does anyone have a suggestion where I can find the necessary info?
I also saw some ideas how to pass the line through the walls but which is the easiest/cheapest method that I can accomplish with parts from the hardware store?

Thanks! :mug:

Does the fridge have a drain leading to a drip pan? Mine did, and I used the drain hole to route the CO2 line into the fridge without needing to drill.

Latest posts

Back