Mounting Location: Pump, RIMS Tube, Plate Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Culln5

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm in the process of planning a brew stand build and would like to see pictures of your pump/RIMS/plate chiller mounting configuration. If you can provide any insight to why you mounted them this way, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

This is the system I'm working on finishing. Will be a rolling HERMS/Mash cart when done. This way my boil kettle/burner setup is independent and always customizable.

IMG_1482.jpg

My latest single tier rig, designed so everything pulls inside the frame so it can be laid on either side to fit in the back of my Durango.
Left to right, BK, MLT, HLT. Pumps are on pull-out lock-down sliders, plate chiller pivots forward and locks both ways.
Everything else is inside the outside, so to speak.

brew_rigs_02.jpg

lol - this pic reminds me I need to fabricate smarter heat shields.
Done the design, just need to execute :)

Cheers!

Pumps need to go as low as reasonable possible to increase pressure on the pump inlet (google NPSH).

Everything else really needs to be below the kettles for pump priming and to force bubbles out.

IMG_2073.jpg

Latest posts

Back