MoreBeer!'s Kettle Spider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok It arrived today.
First.... FedEx was not kind to the box. Wow! But. MoreBeer did pack things well inside..so everything was fine. (I got some grain and other goodies as well.)

The Kettle Spider is built well. Welds look good, I love the fact that it is built upon a TC Butt-Weld...putting a TC clamp on really works well and is, of course, fasted well.

Just for fun I went to McMaster Carr and found I could order the parts for $34.00 Plus Shipping if I was gifted at welding stainless. (I am not) so at $35.95 I think it represents a good value for those that don't want to mess with welding or a DIY plastic version. So... I give it a big thumbs up at this point. Hope to use it soon.

MBHS1.jpg

MBHS2.jpg

MBHS3.jpg

MBHS4.jpg

MBHS5.jpg

Neat, I didn't know they offered that. Will have to add this one to my Christmas list

I still can't figure out why a hop spider needs 3 or 4 legs. Two is enough. Easier to push aside and stir around.

Back