MoreBeer kettle and induction cooktop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasone

Reaction score
I have a 15 gallon MoreBeer kettle that I use for boiling 8gal or less of wort and I'm looking at getting a heavy duty 3500w Induction cooktop for brewing. The kettle will fit on this unit space wise and I know it might take a little while for th cooktop to bring 6-8 gal of wort to a boil but has anyone successfully used the MoreBeer kettle with an induction cooktop? Their website says that it's tri-clad with a sheet of aluminum sandwiched between stainless steel. Just want to know if this would work or not before I spend the money on the cooktop.

There's a thread discussing this topic started by geoffm33. For some reason, this site's search feature isn't working well for me this morning, or I could provide a link. But you should find it. There's a wealth of information in it.

I bought a 3500 W, 240V induction cooktop, and can verify that not all kettles are compatible, including most of the popular ones, so ask before you buy. From memory, all the Bayou Classic kettles and the NB Megapot are compatible, along with a few others. Don't think the More Beer is compatible.

Most of our pricey kitchen pots don't work either.

Good Luck

Actually I just checked and the MoreBeer HD pots are induction compatible. Magnet sticks to the bottom even whish is a good sign it's induction burner compatible

I have MoreBeer HD 8 gallon and 15 gallon kettles. They are a few years old, and those are Induction friendly. I use the IC3500. Maintaining a rolling boil on the 8 gallon is no problem, throttled down to 2700W.

The 15 gallon wide a$$ kettle needs help when boiling 13-14 gallons of wort (11 gallon batch): insulation and/or a heat stick. On that one, I keep the lid on partially, still get a gallon boil off per hour, and it all works but only just, without using additional heat. With 8 gallons you should be OK, but never tried.

I know you have the kettle already, but always be careful, manufacturers can change materials without warning.

Back