More Brain Patties

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If someone wishes you a nice weekend on a Friday morning, and you respond with "have a nice day" you actually owe them wishes for two nice days.

I started my day off in debt of sorts.

If someone wishes you a nice weekend on a Friday morning, and you respond with "have a nice day" you actually owe them wishes for two nice days.

I started my day off in debt of sorts.

No. You have a perfect right to limit your good will to the period of time stated.

Have a nice 2 hours this morning, Creamy. No, you can't bank those 2 hours to use whenever you decide to.

I am against the whole have a nice day or have a great weekend thing. What if the person doesn't want to have a nice day? Why should they be forced to have a good day when they may want to spend it mourning a family member or wallowing in self pity. Those are necessary, but not exactly 'nice' things that need to be done.

What if someone told you to have nice day,and you agreed to but secretly had a bad day? That would not be having a good day by their standards but it might be by yours .Then what? Now my brain hurts.:smack:

Also:

"What do you mean?" he said. "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"

What if someone told you to have nice day,and you agreed to but secretly had a bad day? That would not be having a good day by their standards but it might be by yours .Then what? Now my brain hurts.:smack:

In our neck of the woods, it is no longer "Have a nice day."

It's "Have a good one."

I always wonder, but have never asked, "Have a good what?" While I presume "good one" is simply a substitution for "nice day", who can know for sure? Afterall, it could mean have a good laugh, a good cry, a good meal, a good ride home with your groceries, a good time mowing your lawn, a good homebrew (which goes without saying)... who really knows?

And I'm always reluctant to say 'thank you' because I have no idea exactly what "good one" it is this unknown 19-year old check-out associate presumes applies to me.

In our neck of the woods, it is no longer "Have a nice day."

It's "Have a good one."

I always wonder, but have never asked, "Have a good what?" While I presume "good one" is simply a substitution for "nice day", who can know for sure? Afterall, it could mean have a good laugh, a good cry, a good meal, a good ride home with your groceries, a good time mowing your lawn, a good homebrew (which goes without saying)... who really knows?

And I'm always reluctant to say 'thank you' because I have no idea exactly what "good one" it is this unknown 19-year old check-out associate presumes applies to me.

That phrasing is referring to a bowel movement. I think they are trying to tell you that you are acting all plugged up.

Too much? This is a brain (cow) patties thread after all.

I always wonder, but have never asked, "Have a good what?" While I presume "good one" is simply a substitution for "nice day", who can know for sure? Afterall, it could mean have a good laugh, a good cry, a good meal, a good ride home with your groceries, a good time mowing your lawn, a good homebrew (which goes without saying)

Yes.

"Have a good one!" is probably the most versatile of all of the well wishing phrases. It's literally useful in ANY circumstance!

Having in-law's over for the holidays? There ya go! Court Date? Yes, please!

I mean, where WOULDN'T you be able to use it??

Having a vasectomy? Who wants to hear, "Have a bad one!"

Nope.

Also:

"What do you mean?" he said. "Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"

I know I have read that before... HHGttG?

Latest posts

Back