More Beer conical fermenter - first time conical user advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewpharm Hill

Reaction score
Hi All,

My cousin no longer uses his temp controlled More Beer conical (https://www.morebeer.com/products/morebeer-temperature-controlled-conical-fermenter-75-gal.html) and is willing to let me use it now that I moved next to him.

I've never used a conical before nor anything stainless to ferment. It hasn't been used in years but its in really good condition, lightly used.

What processes should I adopt to get this up and running again in terms of sanitation, passivation and care? Also, any tips for first time conical uses is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Disassemble everything. And I mean everything. This includes ball values. Throw away any plastic/nylon parts and replace with SS. Thoroughly clean everything.

Since this is a used SS item, might want to lightly clean with warm water and soap. If this was a new SS item I'd recommend a thorough cleaning with TSP and a thorough warm water rinse.

No bleach! Other than a white scrubbers, no scrubbers. Certainly NO steel scrubbers.

Wipe down when finished.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back