MonsterMill3 with minor hopper problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruint

Sipping on the big cup of life!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a monster mill 3roller with 2 1/2 rollers. Awesome roller. I built a pushcart up to be it's mobile base. Cut an acceptable hole thru the top face so I can catch my crush underneath. Went nuts and ordered an electric motor to drive the beast. Got an adjustable base to mount the motor on, then mounted the whole assembly to the top surface. When putting my sheaves on, I had to disassemble the hopper to allow for the 13 " large sheave to be able to get mounted on the 5/8 shaft on the drive roller. My question is, are there any detrimental effect if I just re-drill holes in the hopper to get it back together in order to utilize it. It won't load the grain wrong or force it to feed funny and ruin my crush?

Here is a picture of it

0207162110.jpg

As you can see, with the correct sheave on, to get the optimal rpm for the optimal crush, the hopper had to get disconnected on that one side panel. To be able to turn the unit on, you have to hold it out of the way.

0117172339.jpg

0117172339a.jpg

thanks Transamguy77... I have only run a few pounds thru it to test my gap setting, and it seemed to not effect it any, but wasn't sure if an 18 lb or 20+ lb grain bill would have the same characteristics.

Back