MIni Nitro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmchair

Reaction score
Okay, these mini regulators on more beer etc claim they can be used for both mini CO2 and nitro cylinders. (These are the $130 version, not the $69 version.) I am assuming the regulator is beefed up for Nitro. Anyone tried to use this to serve with nitro? IS this feasible for serving the occasional stout keg? Am I going to need a special nitro tap if I do that?

My thinking is I can also use this thing with CO2 for closed transfers on the fermenter, occasional serving on travel gigs, and not have to mess with my normal setup. Almost justifying the cost on some planet.
I also am keen to the idea of the little nitro cannisters so I don't have to worry about fllling a bulky beer gas tank.
THoughts?

I think this is meant for low pressure pours of wine/coffee on pure nitrogen or argon, not beergas. I don't think this would work for serving with a stout faucet. To get a proper pour with cascade, you need high serving pressure and youre not going to get it with a bulb. Even if you could, the bulb would be empty after a couple of pints. You'd have more success with a 5# co2 tank and closing the valve and venting the keg when not in use to avoid overcarbing. A proper beergas setup would be much more reliable. As those that have experience serving on a stout faucet know, it is finicky and very sensitive to changes in carbonation levels.

Back