Miller Fortune

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the... I mean really. :confused:
Now I am going to have to answer that question as well when my coworkers ask about it. On the plus side I do like talking about beer.;)

Must be written by one of the people that contributes news stories to Yahoo.

Sent from my MB855 using Home Brew mobile app

Now we'll have to answer a zillion questions about "cascade" hops.

Reminds me of all the goofs asking me about using corn to make a mash because they seen those fruit loops on Moonshiner's do it.

You mean I've been wasting my time trying to use actual BOURBON to flavor my bourbon ales? When all this time all I had to do is dry hop with Cascade??

I suck.

So... I decided to actually try it. I know, I know, its a Miller....BUT someone has to try it (it is still beer. Technically). Anyway....

It is darker than the typical BMC.... kinda like a pale/amber ale, but yes I know, its a lager.

It starts with a nice whitish head, which quickly disappears into nothingness.

For a beer advertised as being "Made with Cascade hops", I sure can't taste or smell any. It's under-hopped.

The beer is NOT balanced (as they claim to be on their website), the (however light) sweet malt profile overpowers what little hops may have been present.

The beer is quite light and crisp...like most all BMC products...it has slightly more mouthfeel than a MGD, but not much.

To be quite honest, I was wishing I was done drinking the beer before I hit the bottom of the glass. I would honestly prefer an MGD over Miller Fortune. And I like just about any craft beer.

I just wanted a lager (I'm not brewing Lagers yet...they take so long...), but I think I'll stick to a nice German import. Bitburger anyone? (Which is also ironic, as the original brewers that started Miller were from Germany).

I was kind of exited to try the beer, I thought perhaps a major American label was going to start making good beer...I was disappointed, but not surprised.

Try again Miller! (hint...add more hops, like a lot more) And on that note, I am going to brew an IPA this weekend to compensate for the Miller Fortune. I'll show 'em "made with Cascade hops".

Bummer. I still want to try it as soon as I find singles around here. I'll probably have to do something strenuous just to enjoy it. Maybe shovel some snow, or do some remodeling or something. It's too early to mow yet.

Maybe a nice 2-hour lovemaking session. That usually makes me thirsty and causes cramps in my hands.

This is my new "go to" beer for 5 reasons:

1. They are pop-top bottles.
2. The labels remove easily after a short soak in oxyclean.
3. The bottles are some of the darkest I have ever seen (and actually have a nice shape).
4. I can get it locally for under $24/case.
5. It is 6.9%. :D

So, you can see my main motivation is collecting bottles. However, all in all, this really is not a bad beer. I simply reminds me of a 6.9% version of Miller Lite which works well enough for me (considering it is about the same price).

John

Back