Miley Citrus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I never jacked with anyone's food. That's messed up. Don't jack with people's food.

I just don't take the chance.

if there's a real problem, I'll ask for the manager and unload on him/her. the employee might have made the mistake, but I will almost always chalk it up to lack of training or lack of proper management

because I ask. I don't demand; I ask or I special order.

saw a Wendy's commercial for limited time Monterey Ranch chicken, but when I went there for lunch, I didn't see it on the menu.

so I asked, "you guys have the the Monterey Ranch chicken?"

"would you like the combo?"

just because it's not on the menu, doesn't mean they won't serve it.

and just because it's not on the Taco Bell menu, when I ask for "bean burrito, minus the bean, add meat," I get the beef burrito I want. that's how they ring it up, that's how it looks on the receipt

it's just a pain to have to ask for it that way, but I come here to vent about it, I don't ever ***** at the person who's handling my food

That is weird, last time I was at Taco Bell I asked if they still had that 10 taco special because I did not see it on the menu. the guy who was taking my order said that the button was on the register still so he used the button and place the order for me. the manager came out and told him" no , even though the button was there they do not sell it anymore so he was not allowed to sell it to me". I was told to order something else.

That is weird, last time I was at Taco Bell I asked if they still had that 10 taco special because I did not see it on the menu. the guy who was taking my order said that the button was on the register still so he used the button and place the order for me. the manager came out and told him" no , even though the button was there they do not sell it anymore so he was not allowed to sell it to me". I was told to order something else.

this is, as I said earlier, piss-poor management. just take the button off the menu. AFTER you use your manger override to give the customer what he asked for. and the order taker might have made a mistake telling a customer that the button existed, but he was probably not trained what to do in that circumstance

if you ordered something else, that's OK, but I would given an ultimatum; make the sale on the 10 pack, or make no sale at all & tell them to tell their supervisor or regional manager to expect a nasty-gram

plenty of other places willing to take your money

I was a very lazy manager. seemed to me the path of least resistance is to give the customer what they want. this saves the time & effort of arguing about it, gets the customer on his way quicker and makes the chances of them returning that much greater.

justify it to corporate that, yes, it cost the company ¢ in profit today, but that customer will be back

At our AAA baseball team, you get a free taco at Taco Bell if they get more than 10 runs or something.

I got my free taco and felt like I'd been overcharged. :(

Oh it was one of those "bring in your ticket stub" type of promotions. Still . . .

I get that part

I was joking about attendance for the Iowa Cubs

Tacos, 39¢ each times 75 to 100 people at the game, the Cubs will reimburse Taco bell 30 or 40 bucks

in reality, average attendance is >7000 per game, so it's closer to $3000

if everyone redeems ticket for taco

Usually it's actually the restaurant that bears all or most of the cost, as part of their marketing/promotions budget. The local NBA team has a similar deal with a pizza chain, a free slice if they win with over 100 points. It's a relatively minor cost considering the exposure it gives them. And the vast majority of stubs will remain unused, especially places like here where it's only valid the following day (may be the same case with the AAA team).

I clicked on this thread thinking there was a new type of cross bred hop, and now I can't stop thinking about how hungry I am for a good sandwich and trying to get a visual of ear sodomy out of my head... My tummy says yes, and my imagination wishes it could turn back time.

^Exactly.
So, who's made a Miley Citrus beer? I'm trying to work up my recipe.

I should have posted this in the recipe/ingredients section.

I can't imagine what that would taste like.
Thin bodied with a hint of citrus and syphilis. Probably metallic and some notes of an achy breaky heart on the tongue.

I want a untoasted buttery crescant with peppered ham, Genoa salami, swiss cheese, mayo, lettuce, pickles, salt and pepper, and a touch of oil. Also some kettle cooked chips and a big ass coke. I'm going to buccees tomorrow!

ForumRunner_20130929_182046.jpg

Monte Cristo

INGREDIENTS

Dijon mustard
8 slices country bread
Swiss cheese slices
Bourbon-Glazed Ham
4 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 tablespoons butter
Confectioners' sugar
DIRECTIONS

STEP 1
Spread mustard on bread. Layer 4 bread slices with Swiss cheese, ham, and cheese again. Place remaining bread slices on top.
STEP 2
In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture, turning to coat well.
STEP 3
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. When butter is foamy, add the sandwiches, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes total. Serve immediately, dusted with confectioners' sugar.

Meatloaf sandwich, lov'em

INGREDIENTS

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced small
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
1 cup roughly crushed saltine crackers (about 15 crackers)
1 cup coarsely grated sharp cheddar (3 ounces)
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Toasted country-style bread, lettuce, sliced dill pickles, and ketchup, for serving

STEP 1
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium; add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly, until brick-red in color and fragrant, 3 minutes. In a large bowl, combine beef, onion mixture, crackers, cheese, eggs, horseradish, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper.
STEP 2
On a parchment-lined baking sheet, use your hands to form mixture into a 9-inch loaf. Bake until cooked through, about 40 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before cutting into thick slices. To serve, place meatloaf slices between bread, topped with lettuce, pickles, and ketchup.

Man this thread is awesome. Who knew???

I am a fan of the italian sub......

Pepperoni
Salami
Ham
provolone
onions
banana peppers
oil and vinegar
salt and pepper
Italian hoagie roll

toast

*AND might I say......all of the Old Guy avatars are AWESOME to behold!;)*

That's a bad haircut. Oh well. I'm sure this will end well.

Latest posts

Back