Mid First Brew -- Question!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two batches under my belt both used us-05 it seems to take almost a day before becoming active both times I used it.

I have two batches under my belt both used us-05 it seems to take almost a day before becoming active both times I used it.

About 18 hours since I stuck that sucker in the swamp cooler.

Don't see much taking place yet.

About 18 hours since I stuck that sucker in the swamp cooler.

Don't see much taking place yet.

RDWHA_B. Soon, you can RDWHAHB. From now until it's done fermenting and conditioning, it's a test of patience. Enjoy and trust the process.

RDWHA_B. Soon, you can RDWHAHB. From now until it's done fermenting and conditioning, it's a test of patience. Enjoy and trust the process.

At what point would the experts around here panic and then do something about it?

I'm not there yet, but if by tmrw morning there's no action I'm going to get fidgety.

Re-pitching yeast is an option right?

At what point would the experts around here panic and then do something about it?

I'm not there yet, but if by tmrw morning there's no action I'm going to get fidgety.

Re-pitching yeast is an option right?
Hi. For me, don't get freaked out until 36-48 hours and no activity. Typically with US-05, if you aerated your wort, you should start seeing something in the 18-24 hour range, but as others have told you, relax....breathe. The yeasties will do what they need to do on their timeline, not yours. And to answer your other question, after 48+ hours, if you see nothing, yes, repitching is an option. Hope this helps. Ed
:mug:

Back