MGD 64- lemonade?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On Easter my cousin and I went to the liquor store to get beer. I bought Hoegaarden, he bought this. I was seriously disappointed with the Hoegaarden because it changed from the last time I'd had it, so I ended up drinking the MGD, which really wasn't too bad. On a good hot day, hanging outside, it's worth drinking.

The problem I have with it is that they probably use "lemonade flavor." I wouldn't mind a shandy on a hot day, but I'll mix a nice lager with some fresh lemonade and get the real thing. Leinenkugels makes a shandy also that uses lemonade flavor. It has a real artificial taste to it that I can't get past.

I was recently at a trade show for c-stores and the Coors rep poured me some new lemonade beer. I can't remember the brand but what I do remember is the taste. It was exactly like alka-seltzer. I you enjoy alka-seltzer you may enjoy that beer but it wasn't for me.

They were giving away free samples at The Colonial in Fort Worth this weekend. I tried it and didn't like it at all. I don't like MGD at all though so it wasn't a big surprise.

Back