Metal/fireproof probe for STC-1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoenixs4r

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this, sorry if wrong section

Rebuilding my brewstand. Would like to integrate a main control panel for gas valves and temp read out. Figured the STC-1000 would make a good read out for cheap (not going to control anything, just read temp). I would run these probes into a thermowell in each vessel, but since it's gas I do have to worry about the flames melting the wires. Does anyone know of a metal sensor I can use for the STC-1000/ or maybe through a fire proof jacket around it, would that work?

One thing that would work pretty well is running the wire through some 1/8" ID silicone tubing. I have some at the shop, as well as an STC1000 probe but I have to see if the wire could be fished through. If so, I know that this same tubing will also fit pretty snuggly into the end of our large thermowells. Best bet would be to shoot me an email on Monday morning if this is something you are interested in.

I am interested, in fact I almost emailed you friday but I figured i've bugged ya enough in the past. I'll send you an email in regards to what thermowell size would be best. Thanks!

Back