Met a girl from uruguay this weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmp138

Reaction score
So I met a girl from Uruguay this weekend, we had an enjoyable time, but she introduced me to something pretty amazing, siete e tres. Literally seven parts red wine, 3 parts coke. You are probably thoroughly disgusted at this point, but give it a try. Put on some salsa, find a pretty woman from south america, and drink some red wine and coke, I promise you won't feel that homeless.

If you are strictly against wine, introduce swmbo, I assure you she will approve!

Now I'm off to check out how much plane tickets to uruguay are, any woman who knows about things like this surely knows about other incredible things!

When I was young and sneaky I used to top up my cokes from my parents box-o-wine. It's not bad a'tall.

Concerning the Uruguay girl:
this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Wine and coke mixed together? Mixed it with sprite before for some spritzers for the wife; but might be willing to try it... I mean if the Uruguay girl was hot. It means something more if she is hot of course...cause if she was ugly than I would discredit it due to referred by an ugly chick cause I'm an a$$hole.

Sounds like an variation of Sangria... Wine with Sugar and fruit. Granted no carb... but same basic concept. Gotta love a good sangria!

Women from South America :mug: --- I liked them soo much I married one from Chile!!! Viva las chicas latinas!

I dated a South American (Venezuelan, sp) and also dated a good many hispanics in my day (lived in Tucson awhile).

Except for my GF and mother of my child I love hispanic chics, theres a ton they can introduce a white guy to.

And yes Sangria is the ****! The very best one I've ever had is a $.50 bottle of Sangria at a $1 taco stand in Puerto Penyasco, MEX. AWESOME

i had some friends who studied in spain for a while and they came back drinking something similar. Basically, the wine is so cheap and the coke helps keep you up all night at the clubs. We drank some on occasion and it wasn't bad in college. Now that i have money to spend and don't want to be up all night, i drink something else, but it wasn't bad at the time. Course, keystone and BMC wasn't bad either so take it for what it's worth.

I've always wanted to visit Uruguay. Read a lot about it, seems like a pretty solid Country that mirrors the USA in a lot of ways.

Isn't Uraguay the place that Butch and Sundance ran off to in that movie?

EDIT: Never mind. I think it was Bolivia. The girls are smokin' hot in both places

I just saw an episode of No Reservations yesterday about Uruguay, and they mentioned the wine/coke drink. Was thinking of trying it.

I am guessing if you try this you will want to use something low on the tannins and maybe a touch of sweetness. Cab. Sav. probably would clash with the sweet. Go with a light Roja.

Edit: Trying it with a merlot at work here. A tip is to make very sure it is mixed, first sip was terrible. Second sip after a good mix by pouting into another glass and back and it is refreshing. Don't use "good" wine for this.

If you're drinking this and are not doing it to bed a hot chick, U-R-Gay, no need to go anywhere. - Dwain

After a long day of work, back to answer questions.

First, yes she was hot, so go ahead and set all those mental images to a high 8 possibly a 9 and lets roll.

Secondly we were hanging out in a hotel bar after a show and she ordered this up for us, and the night progressed nicely from there.

As was said before, the first sip is absolutely gross, but after it mixes a bit, its a pretty decent drink, actually quite good in my opinion.

At home last night I used regular coke and a petite syrah, I don't think a cab would work too well so my condolences on the wasted wine!

I gotta go to uruguay, from talking to this girl for a few hours, sounds like a phenomenal place, with a real penchant for the carnivore thing (i.e. they consume alot of meat).

Oh and talking to my friend who lived in spain for a while, kalimotcho is definitely the spanish equivalent and one of their most popular drinks.

Sorry to interrupt, but what the hell does an "8" look like, anyway?

Cuz I'd rather have this:

alyson-hannigan-picture-2.jpg

than this:

shannon-elizabeth-picture-1.jpg

Any day.

Just saying. :p

Now I am not up on my celebs. But I think this is the same dish prepared different ways. Kinda like Creme Brulee in France is the same thing as Burnt Creme in Ireland is the same thing as Flan in Mexico...

I really think these two are the same person with different style choices for the day. Am I wrong?

No, actually, it's the "band geek" and the "hot foreign exchange student" from American Pie. First thing that popped into my mind...and I didn't even realize at the time I posted that that was the choice dude actually made.

I just like the girl down the street with the attitude and the piercings over the gorgeous blonde with the high heels and the "I spend 4 hours getting ready every morning" hair and nails, which is usually the epitome of the rating scale's "10". Basically, I like a different type of crazy, not a hollywood type of crazy.

Not saying that's what the OP meant, just causing problems :D

We all know Deathbrewer picked his 8 because of a deep seeded love for buffy the vampire slayer, still digging on some Willow aren't you!

Actually, I haven't seen a single episode of that show...not a fan of Sarah Michelle Gellar.

But Willow was one of the best fantasy movies ever made...how did you know? :D

Penelope Cruz anyone? 10... ??? (granted not S. American - but Spanish)

But back to odd mixings... as I mentioned I married a girl from Chile. They have a local favorite.. mix a draft beer (pilsner) with Fanta... they called it Fan-Schop. "Schop" is the name for a draft in Chile.

Definitely not my cup of tea... I probably have only ever had a couple sips. I figure it was created to get some "non-beer" [SWMBO] drinker to drink. Other than that I LOVE everything else Chilean! Including the Chilean hotdog - with avocado, tomatoes, mayo, ketchup and mustard.... yum.

No, actually, it's the "band geek" and the "hot foreign exchange student" from American Pie. First thing that popped into my mind...and I didn't even realize at the time I posted that that was the choice dude actually made.

I just like the girl down the street with the attitude and the piercings over the gorgeous blonde with the high heels and the "I spend 4 hours getting ready every morning" hair and nails, which is usually the epitome of the rating scale's "10". Basically, I like a different type of crazy, not a hollywood type of crazy.

Not saying that's what the OP meant, just causing problems :D

I'm willing to bet that they both had teams of people doing their hair and makeup before having their picture taken. One just looks more "natural" than the other. I've seen my wife do her hair and makeup both ways and she spends the same amount of time..which is about 30 minutes before I say we have to leave, until about 30 minutes after I said we'd be there.

Back