messing up a good meal.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crito

Reaction score
Getting fresh water rainbow trout is rare. I found a store selling them and were super fresh. I bought a few. I seasoned them and wrapped the fish in foil. I let them cook on top of coals.

Turned out great. Yummy. One was left. My mother-in-law gets it (cooked in foil). She put fish batter on it and fries it. Then she thanks me saying the fish was good.

All I was thinking was "wtf"

Wow! That's a mother-in-law for ya. She fried a fish that was already cooked as perfect as it ever could have been!

I love rainbows, we catch them here in the Little Red River sometimes. The big Browns are my favorite though. I love e'm grilled. Don't get me wrong, I'm from the south and I love fried fish, but come on frying trout after it was grilled to perfection?

Oh man, I love fried fish, but it should be something like catfish, flounder or tilapia. But I bet it was, in fact, good! dip that in some tartar sauce and I'm good to go!

My brother just moved to your town, looking forward to visiting.

Oh, I didn't catch that it was already grilled.. ouch. I was thinking she got em raw. changes everything:(

OK. So it was a cultural thing. Maybe she just like fried fish? And maybe just don't like the flavor of fish.

If that was the case. She should of told me to fry catfish in some homemade beer batter. That's something I am good at too.

OK. So it was a cultural thing. Maybe she just like fried fish? And maybe just don't like the flavor of fish.

If that was the case. She should of told me to fry catfish in some homemade beer batter. That's something I am good at too.

Oooo me likes kitty fish, straight from the AR and Miss River, Blues, Channels, Flatheads, Bullheads....I'll take any I can get!

My mother is a great cook now. But I remember when I was a Little kid. (41 now). At least once a week she would make this crap where she would dump chicken, rice, and a can of cream-a-musnroom soup; in a big bowl and microwave it. It was the most bland rubbery meal in the world.

We'd roast the chicken pieces,cook the rice seperately,then heat up the mushroom soup with a touch of half-n-half in it. Maybe some sliced mushrooms added. serve the chicken next to the rice with sauce over all. I've even basted off the juices from roasting the chicken to put in the soup with the mushrooms. And a pan of big hot biscuits on the side.

Back