MB Bottle Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STB

Reaction score
Anyone else try this? My friend gives me this 2L bottle labeled Bohemian Blonde 4.0 that he receives as a gift for XMas and says you better make this its homebrew. I look at it and it is basically pasteurized wort that you add a little vial of yeast to and put a special cap. Beer 2wks.

image-1609094069.jpg

Never seen it before... how is it? I don't know that I would try one of those, but someone just getting into the hobby might see it as an easy in-road I guess...

I'm laughing cuz it's not bad. Canadian 2 row with a mild hop to it with lots of carb. Surprised the crap out of me. I was thinking gimmick and little questionable calling it a home brew. Ends up costing a dollar a beer.

Huh. Well you can't knock it for being too expensive to be worthwhile, right? :) Did you have to add water or was it really just add yeast and wait 2 weeks? They may have just one-upped Mr. Beer at the make-your-own-beer-easily game.

Edit: Do'h :drunk: it is Mr. Beer. Should have known!

Just add yeast, apply pressure release cap, stupid easy. I feel guilty saying I "made" it.

If you ever do it again, dry hop the $h!t out of it - you'll feel better about claiming some ownership

these are great for no fuss no muss and quick brewing.I buy them at TSC stores(canada)$20 for 4(equals a 24 pack)but are often on sale for $15 and even $10.Reuse the caps for beer kit or cider(add 1 cup sugar to 2 litres apple juice n 1\8 tsp yeast,ferment for 8 days,refrigerate at least 1 day) or any fruit juice even canned/frozen.Very quick n easy(about 14 days all in for beer!).Love these while waiting for my "good stuff".Steady temp of 22-25 celcius, and you will need a steady pour(to avoid sediment) into a larger container as there can be lots of head.

Back