Masstoberfest 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) what time on Saturday?
2) you're having a cake for my b-day right?

Brewers should be there before noon, especially if doing an all grain batch. I'm planning the food to be ready around 2-3.

Are you coming? I figured you'd be tied up at the Sluice Box. If you are really coming I'll get you a cake.

Is Bertha gonna be fired up again? Hopefully, I'll be able to make it and bring some Kielbasa like last year from Wistah. Boss man has instituted 7day/12hr workdays.

Brewers should be there before noon, especially if doing an all grain batch. I'm planning the food to be ready around 2-3.

Are you coming? I figured you'd be tied up at the Sluice Box. If you are really coming I'll get you a cake.

Oh hell no.... no I'm not coming. I just wanted you to post a time so people didn't miss the cake

Joking aside... no, I am a "highly doubtful" and you know the deal. I get to work in the tap room at 8:00am and am there until 7:00pm. That doesn't make Masstoberfest attendance an easy thing.

So in case anyone's wondering, yes, Masstoberfest will go on rain or shine. At the moment it appears that we may have a chance of a random shower. While that is certainly not ideal we are made of tough and significant stuff around here and a little bit of rain isn't going to slow us down.

That said, if you have a pop up canopy please bring it. The more of them we have the drier we stay if it does shower on us. But I'm counting on sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns frolicking in the orchard as we brew.

I have a pop up canopy, I'll try to remember to throw it in the truck. As for brewing, I still haven't organized the brewery after the move, so I'm not gonna bother. And I'll be crashing at my mother's place Saturday night, so Yoop and the girls under the shed are safe this weekend.

Getting excited. I'm off tomorrow and can get things ready. Ill have three kegs; Bavarian Weisse, the Double D (or Damned Drinkable) IPA and a whiskey barrel aged porter. Who else is bringing beer and what are you bringing? For BBQ I picked up two really big briskest, two pork butts, 12 pounds of sausage( andouille, a lamb/apricot sausage and good old Italian) plus I'm making Atomic Buffalo Turds. I've been told that Melana is making beans. Alice broke out a bunch of jars of home canned goods. That's all I know menu wise. But it sounds good so far

I'm getting hungry

Edit. I left out pizza by mistake. Yes the pizza oven will be up and running. If you want something special for a topping bring it with you. I've got too much crap to get ready to worry about finding some "Lithuanian short haired goat milk cheese" and "Shenandoah Valley arugula grown in volcanic ash" for your favorite pizza. I'll have pepperoni. Maybe sausage.

Getting excited. I'm off tomorrow and can get things ready. Ill have three kegs; Bavarian Weisse, the Double D (or Damned Drinkable) IPA and a whiskey barrel aged porter. Who else is bringing beer and what are you bringing? For BBQ I picked up two really big briskest, two pork butts, 12 pounds of sausage( andouille, a lamb/apricot sausage and good old Italian) plus I'm making Atomic Buffalo Turds. I've been told that Melana is making beans. Alice broke out a bunch of jars of home canned goods. That's all I know menu wise. But it sounds good so far

I'm getting hungry

Pizza?

Back