mash tun nightmare

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brockettbrews

Reaction score
Found a 48 quart cooler for $20. I grabbed it and paid for it. I got the toilet braded hose and the valve. Got home and looked at the cooler and there is no drain on it, so i drilled a hole threw it and cracked a little part of the cooler. So I get the hose and findout it is the plastic hose. I filled the crack with silcone and the hole with silcone. Im gonna let it dry and see if it holds water. im praying it does lol. Off to buy another hose lol!!!

Don't know if this helps you but my LHBS actually sells the stainless steel braid. If you have one, you might want to check. The cost was pretty much the same, and I didn't have to do the work of removing the rubber inner piece.

That sucks haha. looking back at all the stuff i screwed up, overlooked, or destroyed i always laugh. It's a huge bummer sometimes but i always laugh in the end. Everyone has a homebrew horror story

use that cooler to keep your homebrew cold after you've bottled it. spend $40 and get the 10 gallon round cooler where you just unscrew the spigot and start over. you will recoup the money in the yummy beer you brew.

Two words "JB Weld"

Also you can buy braid ftom Mc Master Carr (And a SS spring to go inside it so it does not collaspe. You will need to boiled it after every batch. Amazing what comes out of it if you do not clean it. Been there, done that.

Back