March pump or Chugger pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should include the new Blichmann pump in your considerations. It is essentially a souped up March pump with Blichmann enhancements.

I did the that one listed, and would go for it but it's not available yet. Does anyone know when it will be released?

I'm seeing early June as a delivery date for most places, MoreBeer included. Motor made by March, bleed valve, flow control, easy disassembly, power switch, etc. for 10$ more than the March on your list. IMO I would wait a few weeks if I needed a new pump.

Last edited:
Blichmann pump is now shipping from several vendors.

I agree it is a pretty solid deal considering it is has a stainless steel head, built-in valve, built-in air purge, waterproof body, built-in switch.

Overall, how would you compare the Blichmann RipTide pump vs something like a Chugger Center Inlet?

I think the Blichmann pump is worth looking at. The features vs price make it a solid consideration in my opinion. Heck, just the easy cleaning makes it worth more to me.

Blichmann pump is now shipping from several vendors.

I agree it is a pretty solid deal considering it is has a stainless steel head, built-in valve, built-in air purge, waterproof body, built-in switch.

Do you know who is shipping them right now? more beer says they won't be getting them until the second week of June

I have a buddy of mine that has the new Blichmann riptide pump, it's hands down better than my chugged pump, I'm about to swap both of my chugged pumps to the Blichmann.

Used it quite a bit today for cleaning. Boy is she quiet and smooth. Highly recommend especially as all you need is two barbs, the inline flow restrictor works great, the waterproof switch hella handy. The casing is nice and did I say it was quiet?

Also the PRV is fantastic. Priming a pump is easy

View attachment 1496390763729.jpg

View attachment 1496390868693.jpg

My RipTide just shipped yesterday, 6/8/17, from Morebeer. I ordered it 5/23/17. If you want one you should pre order it now. The shipment they just received is entirely committed to filling existing orders.

I don't think I would sell chuggers to buy the blichs at a 100 premium.

I'm considering it because it looks a hell of a lot easier to clean, as I have my current pump hard-mounted to the stand and getting all the water out after cleaning/flushing is a PITA. A single tri-clamp beats 8 screws.

Got any left?

Rather than start new thread, I'll piggyback this one..... I've had a 120v March 815 PLSS for quite a while. I recently got another one, same exact model #. The new one has a thick laminated metal section in the center part of the motor that the old one doesnt have, and it gets rip roaring hot. The old one doesn't even get warm. Any idea why the motors are different?

Latest posts

Back