Maple syrup priming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemieuxp

Reaction score
Ok.. I'm new to this. I just found a priming calculator but a little too late. I primed a smoked porter with a cup of maple syrup. I just checked the calculator and it says 1/3 of a cup... Should I be worried about bottle bombs?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I heard of people using anywhere between 0.5 cups and 1.5 cups of maple syrup for a 5 gallon batch. What size was your batch?

If you are concerned, you can put the bottles into a waterproof tub with a lid for a while.

I heard of people using anywhere between 0.5 cups and 1.5 cups of maple syrup for a 5 gallon batch. What size was your batch?

If you are concerned, you can put the bottles into a waterproof tub with a lid for a while.

Batch came out a about 5.5gallons... Good idea.. I'll do that and put them in my basement tub just in case...

I use maple syrup all the time. I use this calculator. http://www.northernbrewer.com/priming-sugar-calculator/

That's the one I used after the fact and is now saved in my favorites. I put them in storage bins with the cover on... I'm really hoping they turn out ok.. Last porter I made was under carbed. So maybe this will be enough for my likings..

Thanks for your response!

That's the one I used after the fact and is now saved in my favorites. I put them in storage bins with the cover on... I'm really hoping they turn out ok.. Last porter I made was under carbed. So maybe this will be enough for my likings..

Thanks for your response!

I've had pretty good luck so far with maple syrup. The only one I had problems with was 12.5abv. a sprinkle of champagne yeast fixed it for me.

Back