Manifold Help pleeeeaaase

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatt

Reaction score
K so I was able to get a little 5 gallon cooler to make a mash tun with so now I can get into the AG brewing side of things.... A and A baby..... I figure a 5 gallon should be sufficient for 5 gallon batches... anyway.... I see all these ideas for the manifold designs but what size CPVC should I use when making it? Is it better to have 6 x 1/2" pipes or 5 x 3/4" or 4 x 1"???? I just cant figure out what size tubing to use.... the cooler is 9"x9".... so any ideas or advice would be great

THANKS GUYS

There are no set designs for manifolds.

I used some leftover 1/2 inch copper tubing and cut slits.

Make sure that your slits or holes are on the underside of the manifold so the grain doesn't bear down and clog them.

I've got a 5g cooler too, but instead of a manifold I used a stainless steel braid from a sink/toilet water hose. There are several threads here about this method, and this is how mine turned out:

EDIT: I followed this guide almost religiously to build my MLT: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=23008&highlight=braid

DSCF0117.JPG

TwoHeadsBrewing said:
I've got a 5g cooler too, but instead of a manifold I used a stainless steel braid from a sink/toilet water hose. There are several threads here about this method, and this is how mine turned out:

EDIT: I followed this guide almost religiously to build my MLT: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=23008&highlight=braid

DSCF0117.JPG

HAHA whats funny is that this is the same cooler i have i think....

I was thinkin of the braid thing but i was just going to run to Home depot and grab like 10 feet of CPVC for like 3 bucks.... WAY more than enough.... i just couldnt figure out what size and how much to use in the cooler

Oh and also.... how far away from the edge should the pipes be?? is there some standard to this or does it really matter... i know i dont want it flush with the side

Yeah, PVC would be way cheaper...but I wanted to use SS and some more sturdy hardware. I think it cost me around $20 to make...actually took longer to pick out all the parts than it did to put it all together!

K so far im thinking about using 5 x 1/2" pipe manifold thing.... GOTTA RUN TO CLASS THANKS FOR THE HELP

YOU GUYS ROCK

Back