Man Rule: Public Bathroom Etique

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Man Rule: What do you do?

• Use the open urinal, the guys on the sides can get over it.

• Use an open stall and protected the stanctity of the buffer zone

• Be a weirdo and go shoulder to shoulder regardless of the number of open urinals

Results are only viewable after voting.

FiddlersGreen87

Reaction score
Man Rule: (Only involving #1 before any sickos get any ideas...)

In a restroom with multiple urinals (more than 2) it is understood that you leave one between you and the person next to you in a time of low occupation as a buffer zone.

If there are several empty stalls do you...

1) Use the open urinal between two other men

2) Use an open stall and leave the empty urinal buffer zone

Ladies, sorry to exclude you but I have no idea what goes on in your sanctuary that requires you to occupy them in numbers... for all I know you go in there and conduct mixed martial arts.

Homophobia has nothing to do with it. I don't stand there thinking someone else is salivating over my genitals.

However, I prefer not to rub shoulders with the guy next to me but I won't bother going to the stall unless they're all taken.

I don't make the rules. :tank:

Women aren't much different from what I know. I'll always leave an empty stall between myself and another unless I cannot. With the lines and such we experience, you can get shanked for just standing there with open stalls available.

If there are more than two urinals, proper etiquette is to not intentionally pair yourself with another. Assume you're the last to enter that middle urinal, and one leaves, leaving you paired with the other gentleman, this is ok. If you're the first to happen upon three open urinals, you take either side, not the middle. The middle will be the last to be occupied. If, at any time, you prefer to use a stall, that's fine, but not necessary. The worst thing you can do is come upon a wall full of urinals, with only one occupied, and pair yourself with that gentleman.

Also, no conversation is to be started once at a urinal. If you enter the restroom in conversation, it may be continued, otherwise you should wait until at least one of you (if not both) have left the urinal.

And if anyone actually takes this too seriously, and starts throwing words like 'homophobia' around, get a sense of humor, and understand that threads like these are purely in jest. :)

Just wait until there is a urinal open with an open urinal on either side. Maybe give one of the peeing-guys a quick shoulder rub while you wait. It really speeds things up.

^Or this. Every once in a while, if I come upon one of my friends (only the closest ones) at a urinal, I'll give them a very slight shove, just enough to startle them. It's good fun.

Found these two on the web.

2009-10-16-man-law.jpg
stopsign.jpg

Zymurgist you sir are a coherent subject matter expert. :mug:

... Who the F^@& thought a trough was a good idea...?
hehehe . . . makes me think of when I ran the New York Marathon. There was one long trough with a hundred guys peeing. No shame there. Elbow you way in and get your business done. Offered a nice view of the river and traffic going over the bridge.

hehehe . . . makes me think of when I ran the New York Marathon. There was one long trough with a hundred guys peeing. No shame there. Elbow you way in and get your business done. Offered a nice view of the river and traffic going over the bridge.

[/URL]

Not trying to sound too much like a girl here but.... Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

I don't mind shoulder to shoulder, but I go to stalls if possible.
The only rule I have is absolutely, under no circumstance, are you to try to engage me in conversation while we are pissing.

Why is everyone looking at each :confused:other?!?!?!?!?!?!

There's nothing better than scaring the crap out of someone when they are peeing. You have to do it from the back so you don't get pee'ed on

I have a related question. When did it become socially acceptable to let one loose while you're standing at a urinal and then pretend like nothing happened. I'm pretty sure this is a recent phenomenon.

I have a related question. When did it become socially acceptable to let one loose while you're standing at a urinal and then pretend like nothing happened. I'm pretty sure this is a recent phenomenon.

I still courtesy-flush when I'm having a bad intestinal day... but at the urinal, if I have to pass gas, I try for the silent treatment. But if my efforts are futile, all bets are off, rip it, clear the room, it's a deadly one.... once can't try to hard to silent the gas because if I stop mid stream even for a second, the reboot has a tendency to splash against the urinal and back splash with force... just sayin'.

No conversation is allowed, but it's perfectly suitable to say, "Whew! That water is COLD!"

And wait for the obligatory, "AND DEEP!" in response...

Women aren't much different from what I know.

I don't know about that. I was working on some seating assignments the other day and I got a copy of the blueprints for my company's building.

All the women's bathrooms are twice the size of the men's. They have 7 stalls compared to 2 stalls and 2 urinals for the men. They have couches in there too. What's up with that?

BTW - All of the following activities are inappropriate while standing at a urinal:
  • Eating (Even chewing)
  • Drinking (Unless you're in a bar or sporting event. In that case just hold your beer)
  • Brushing your teeth
  • Talking on your phone and/or texting
  • Initiating a conversation (Only exception would be about football at a game)
  • Farting (That's what the stalls are for)
  • Looking down and to the left or right
  • Making any type of grunting or moaning sound (no matter how long you've been holding it in)
  • Dropping your pants (what's up with that anyway?)
  • Winking
  • Giggling
  • Dancing
  • Singing
  • Making kissy noises

I think that about covers it... :D

Wow, too many of you are too preocupied by what others are doing in the bathroom.

Go in, pee, and GTFO.

No fvking way in hades am I going to wait for an open stall to fart. I've already held it in long enough to get to the bathroom. If you've issues with farts in a toilet room, maybe you should hold it in til you get home.

To quote Lister on the subject: "It's like playing golf - I concentrate on my grip, keep my eye on the ball and try not to veer off to the side!"

I don't get why some think they must drop their pants at the urinal. I am pretty sure it's not anywhere in the manual.

Rules are there for a reason:
  • Buffer required
  • Stall is preferred if buffer is compromised
  • Buffer optional when all other options exhausted
  • Once in, no talking allowed
  • Farting accepted unless it comes out runny, in which case, funny, immature comments are permitted amongst urinal participants

I don't get why some think they must drop their pants at the urinal. I am pretty sure it's not anywhere in the manual.

Rules are there for a reason:
  • Farting accepted unless it comes out runny, in which case, funny, immature comments are permitted amongst urinal participants

Perfectly acceptable.

You gotta take the open toilet leave the urinal alone. leave the packing of sasuages to oscar myer

A friend of mine back in high school used to drop his pants and underwear to the floor, place his hands against the wall as if being frisked, then begin to sing a seasonal holiday song while urinating. His favorite venue was the crowded restroom post movie at the theater. Since laughing makes urinating in a controlled manner difficult, I always tried to get in before of after the singing began.

My vote was influenced by the wording on the ballot.

And we have meetings in the restroom at work. There is no sanctity.

Latest posts

Back