made-in-china.com conicals?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawbossFogg

Reaction score
I'm beyond over not having a closed system and I need a conical! Yes the Morebeers look really nice…That said the $1000 plus legs, casters etc is forcing me to look at the myriad of options from places like made-in-china.com. At $200-$500 a pop and many styles and options I'm wonder whom out there has ventured this way? It's not like Morebeers conicals aren't made in China! Also my Stout MLT is made in china and has clean welds and is very nice. Anybody?

Morebeer conicals are made in the US. I've had the chance to see stout conicals and morebeer. The morebeer ones are definitely nicer, but the stout's will get the job done too.

Morebeer conicals are made in the US. I've had the chance to see stout conicals and morebeer. The morebeer ones are definitely nicer, but the stout's will get the job done too.

Thanks, yeah I don't really like the large lid on the Stouts and from what more beer has to offer it looks like they make them in their shop which is great. Nonetheless, Stout has a great PDF on wiring up a cpu cool and heat control setup which of course Morebeer builds at a fair, but very high price.

Chronicles of the Chinese conicals. Stay tuned. Sorry, I'm feeling a little punchy.

I'd say it's hit or miss and depends on where you get it from. I've gotten stainless from China that showed up with rust (plate chiller that got quickly returned, advertised as 316) and I've gotten some that doesn't rust (my kettles). Although, my kettles did rust at the factory weld spots and I had to repassivate them. If you're willing to gamble, I'd say go for it. If you want a guarantee, buy local.

Chronicles of the Chinese conicals. Stay tuned. Sorry, I'm feeling a little punchy.

I'd say it's hit or miss and depends on where you get it from. I've gotten stainless from China that showed up with rust (plate chiller that got quickly returned, advertised as 316) and I've gotten some that doesn't rust (my kettles). Although, my kettles did rust at the factory weld spots and I had to repassivate them. If you're willing to gamble, I'd say go for it. If you want a guarantee, buy local.

Aruba, Jamaica…oh wait…Thats ok I'm from Detroit. Totally considerable risk involved! Nonetheless, as much as I like the US made Morebeers, at $900 for a 14g, $200-400 is sounding worth the risk for a 50L with a little surface rust. Of course terrible welds would be very bad, but the chinese drink a lot of beer and I've we've got great detergents.

Thanks guys, the big question for me right now is; upright freezer ferm chamber or build Stouts hot/cold sink temp control setup like Morebeers build…I'm leaning toward the standup freezer cause there are so many used available.

Back