M42 New World Strong Ale Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JKaranka

Reaction score
Hi all!

Has anybody used Mangrove Jack's M42? It sounds fairly good. Moderately high attenuation, good flocculation, neutral character. Fairly similar to Notty on the face of it?

According to the Swedish importer that yeast is the same as their old M07 British yeast, so you might want to look for info on that.

Thanks, GurraG. That makes sense and I do have some of the M07 hanging around. They seem to have rebranded several of their yeasts to make them less 'British'. Curious as to why, given that British and American yeasts are so closely related.

Thanks, GurraG. That makes sense and I do have some of the M07 hanging around. They seem to have rebranded several of their yeasts to make them less 'British'. Curious as to why, given that British and American yeasts are so closely related.

.....Marketing basically.

they've more closely identified some of the flavour in their yeasrs, and changed some of the names accodingly.

M27 Belgian Ale is now M29 French Saison, given it tries to eat your mother.
Some of the other name changes are a bit odd.
the old Burton union is now the Liberty Bell.
andthe workhorse yeast, is completely gone, from what I can see.

Latest posts

Back