Love TSX anti-short cycle delay question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EKennett

Reaction score
Hey guys, this issue was just brought to my attention in another thread and wanted to get some clarity on it.

I'm using a TSX10140 to control my keezer. I have had it set with a setpoint of 38F and a differential of 1 degree. I'm learning now that this setup might cycle the compressor too often causing it stress and to ultimately fail. I've already been through one freezer and a mini-fridge fermentation chamber with a 1 degree differential and can't help but wonder if this is the cause.

So I raised my differential to 3 degrees and called the people at Dwyer. They said the "c0" parameter is the anti-short cycle delay I'm looking to control. According to the tech manual, this is the "minimum stopping time of the load." They weren't able to give me any guidance on what to set this at since it varies by application and they weren't that experienced with a kegerator application.

So with a setpoint of 38F, a differential of 3 degrees, and c0 set to 15 minutes, does this sound like a reasonable setup to keep the beer at a consistent temp, and keep my compressor from frying? I'm using the NTC probe that came with the controller, suspended in the airspace of the keezer.

I used a bottled water with a thick hugger\koozie and placed the probe in between the koozie and the bottle. If you leave it in the air, there is a good possiblity it will cycle unnecessarily when you open the door and it doesn't give you an accurate beer temperture. My keezer has never had an issue with cycling too quickly with this setup.

Latest posts

Back